Vacuum line

Wade

Hi all,

I have 1988 just getting back on the road, replaced a lot of deteriorated vacuum lines as the car was from Arizona and its old af. There is one vacuum line that goes under the engine compartment relay box on drivers side, any idea where it goes, trying to avoid unbolting everything to see where it goes.

thanks in advance!

If it comes from the engine via a steel line with a rubber hose on either end, it is the charcoal canister purge line which is under the engine air filter box. If it comes from the rear direction via a plastic or steel line, it is the vent line from the fuel tank to the canister and is a known problem child that is often too short.

On 5/10/2024 at 7:30 AM, 2seater said:

If it comes from the engine via a steel line with a rubber hose on either end, it is the charcoal canister purge line which is under the engine air filter box. If it comes from the rear direction via a plastic or steel line, it is the vent line from the fuel tank to the canister and is a known problem child that is often too short.

Thanks 2seater, guess I’ll remove air box and check both 👍

I was looking under the hood of my 1990 reatta

I saw a vacuum line curled up plastic Unattached 

That ran towards the firewall

It is connected to the egr valve

It was broken off to the left

(Passenger side) inside the wiring harness

I guess it controls the hvac

Door

Good Luck

ELVIS 

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, ELVISTAR said:

I was looking under the hood of my 1990 reatta

I saw a vacuum line curled up plastic Unattached 

That ran towards the firewall

It is connected to the egr valve

It was broken off to the left

(Passenger side) inside the wiring harness

I guess it controls the hvac

Door

Good Luck

ELVIS 

There should be no vacuum connection to the EGR system, which is all electrically operated. The line mentioned above does run somewhat near that area and it connects to both the HVAC and also supplies the cruise control vacuum system. It is possible the plastic line was displaced so it touched something hot enough to melt it.

Edited by 2seater