1988 headlights

Gregoryb

So I bought this led kit and they are super nice and bright but with the LEDs connected the lights won’t pop up even wit the lights retract is it a resistance thing?

Gregoryb, read below from previous posts on this topic:

"Because I didn't want to cut and ground one of the headlight wires as mentioned in previous threads, I bought the H4 9003 Canbus Decoder (noted above) and installed one of them to the drivers side LED headlight harness.  I didn't have to install the other one to the passenger side since the current harness for this side is actually a spur from the main headlight harness.  The decoders do come as a pair, so I now have an extra.  The LED headlights now go up and down as they are supposed to. Yea!!

I want to thank everyone for your help and guidance."

"I bought the LED headlights and Canbus Decoder from Amazon.

Headlights cost $39.95: Amazon.com: H6054 7"x6" Chrome Housing Diamond Cut Headlights Replacement Glass H4 " 7x6 : Automotive

D-Lumina H4 HB2 9003 LED Canbus Decoder Anti-Flicker Harness cost $25.99: Amazon.com: D-Lumina H4 HB2 9003 LED Canbus Decoder Anti-Flicker Harness, LED Bulbs Resistor Error Free Decoder, LED Warning Canceller Capacitors Resistor (1 Pair) : Automotive

Handling, Shipping and Tax extra."

Edited by ship
  • Like 1