Stuck door and trunk lock cylinders

ar_323

Hi,

The lock cylinder from the trunk and the doors do not work. I can insert the key but I can’t turn it. To me it seems like the cylinder is stuck. 

I fixed the issue of my door actuator by spraying silicone lube at the locking mechanism but didn’t fix the lock cylinders.

I read somewhere that the actuators engage a solenoid to open the lock itself.

Right now I’m removing the taillight assembly to get access to the rear lock cylinder to see what is behind it.

Let me know what you think about my issue.

Thanks

15 minutes ago, ar_323 said:

The lock cylinder from the trunk and the doors do not work. I can insert the key but I can’t turn it. To me it seems like the cylinder is stuck.

Sounds to me like you're using the wrong key. It would be unusual for all the lock cylinders to be stuck at once.

15 minutes ago, ar_323 said:

Right now I’m removing the taillight assembly to get access to the rear lock cylinder to see what is behind it.

I don't think you can access the trunk lock by removing the taillight. All the key lock does is turn an electrical switch that activates a solenoid on the trunk latch. 

• Like 2

I was able to remove the trunk lock cylinder by removing the bracket under the taillight assembly. The bracket holding the lock cylinder almost fall off inside the bumper if it wasn’t for the are couple wires used to control the lock actuator. The lock cylinder is then retrievable from underneath the bumper by removing a black trim piece.

i still think I got right key because I able to lock my glove box and rear trunk door. The only difference is that the lock cylinders at the door and trunk have the connection for the actuator. 

I was able to somewhat disassemble the lock cylinder and saw that a rectangular piece of metal that protrudes from the cylinder is not going down causing the cylinder not to turn. I will upload picture of it tomorrow. I might take the cylinders to a locksmith to see if he can free it up.

I took the trunk lock cylinder to a locksmith. He was able to create a good working copy out of the lock cylinder. Now my doors can open and close with the key.

• Like 2