Possible Rebuilding ABS unit

ar_323

Hey guys,

I looking into rebuilding my ABS unit. I seen that several other cars of this era had similar ABS systems. 

for example I looking if Wabco 4430010090 accumulator will fit out teves mark II. I have to figure out if the thread pitch match if not make an adapter. 

I’m greeting my inspiration form this forum https://www.clubgti.com/forums/index.php?threads/teves-mk2-abs-system.293059/

Any insight form you guys would be much appreciated.

The Wabco STC2784 is the usual accumulator substitute used on our cars. It may be a different part number from a carmaker for the same part but I have no way of knowing. The part number above is used on Range Rovers.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

13 hours ago, ar_323 said:

I looking into rebuilding my ABS unit. I seen that several other cars of this era had similar ABS systems. 

To my knowledge no one has rebuilt the master cylinder or the ABS section (valves) on the Teves brake unit, other than remanufactured units from professional rebuilders who sell them.  I don't recall anyone mentioning a source for master cylinder parts that could be used to rebuild it. It is usually the power assist portion that bolts on the side of the master cylinder that gives problems. The accumulator and pressure switch are the items that give problems. Sometimes a pump goes bad but that is rare.

• Like 1