New winter car

DAVES89

back in the day when we were doing compass mirrors in our Reattas I also grabbed a couple from Olds Intrigue. They used a different harness from the Reatta but as luck would have it the harness is the same as the Regal making it plug and play. So now this directionally challenged driver has some idea where I'm going!

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Today went over to Bob's [my machinist friend's house] to do rear struts on the Regal. By prior agreement I was "the guy" doing the work with just a bit of help from Bob. From start to finish it was just 2 hours and much easier then when I did the Reatta. Two bolts on the bottom of the strut, one nut for the sway bar end link, and three nuts inside [with easy access] to the top of the strut. Then with a little assistance from gravity and a pry bat the strut drops out of the car. Reinstall is fairly easy as you push the strut up into place and put the three nuts on the top of the strut and slide in the bottom of the strut into the bracket and reattach the sway bar end link and you're done.

Did I say the the strut comes with the strut mount attached and are preloaded with the spring? Well they are!

• Like 1

Most of the guys here know that about 7 years ago I did an rebuilt engine swap on the Red. While I did bump up the horsepower a bit with the suggestions from Ronnie and 2 Seater I can't help but wish that Buick would have been able to install the Series 2 in the Reatta. So much more torque even without the supercharger [which my Regal does not have].

1 hour ago, DAVES89 said:

Most of the guys here know that about 7 years ago I did an rebuilt engine swap on the Red. While I did bump up the horsepower a bit with the suggestions from Ronnie and 2 Seater I can't help but wish that Buick would have been able to install the Series 2 in the Reatta. So much more torque even without the supercharger [which my Regal does not have].

Yah, hindsight is 20/20 in that regard๐Ÿ˜‘ As far as I know, a Series 2 will bolt in. I am pretty certain the programming and tuning could be done with the stock ECM. May not be as optimum as the ten year newer computing power but certainly feasible.

2 hours ago, 2seater said:

Yah, hindsight is 20/20 in that regard๐Ÿ˜‘ As far as I know, a Series 2 will bolt in. I am pretty certain the programming and tuning could be done with the stock ECM. May not be as optimum as the ten year newer computing power but certainly feasible.

that may be, but that ship has sailed. I'll just enjoy "what could have been" in the Regal...

• Agree 1