15 years...

DAVES89

Today is my 67th Birthday. 15 years ago I bought the Red as a birthday present to myself. We've been through a lot of parts together and a repaint and I still wouldn't give it up. My plan is to drive it 2 more weeks and then park it until spring. My license plate is an 11 month plate meaning I can't legally drive it in January. That's okay as my wife an I are taking a 3 week vacation to Viet Nam so most of January we''ll be gone anyway. Then February off to Texas for the balance of the winter so I really don't need a second car for me. Maybe next year I'll get a second car as I really don't want the Red to be a winter car.

Besides I spent a bit of time replacing light bulbs [cornering lamp, license plate bulb, and one of the high up brake lights], the leak on the Master Cylinder and finally different ABS sensor leads on the front. Baumgharts [My car repair center] did both lower ball joints, both axle shafts and then a tire rotation and alignment. 

Car runs really good now and is real joy to drive... 

Edited by DAVES89
  • Like 6

• DAVES89 changed the title to 15 years...

Happy Birthday Dave! Hope you had a good one. I think we got our Reattas close to the same time. I was really happy to get to meet you and your wife in Nashville and park our cars side by side. They almost looked like twins.  It's hard to believe that has been over five years ago. I hope you enjoy your vacation and your time in Texas.

IMG_20170917_122450768.jpg

IMG_20170917_122548601.jpg

• Like 4

Happy Birthday, Dave.  Enjoy Viet Nam.  BTY my younger brother by one year had the pleasure twice of getting a free ride to Viet Nam curtesy of the US Government (1970-1973) .... Army Engineers. 

Thanks guys. 

Took a look at my parts bin and realized that I'm sitting on nicer IPC, Headlight and Wiper Switch then what is in the Red presently. So tomorrow I'm swapping the old out and in with the better!

Why shouldn't the Red have the best?

• Like 1

I also have 16 ways with suede boosters in mint condition. They too will go in next spring when the Red comes back out.

Happy Belated birthday Dave!  One of these days we need to meet up at Lion's Tail Brewing in Neenah.  If it is between May and November, 'Frank' the convertible will be along.  Safe travels!