Vaccum Tree on Top of Throttle Body Cracked

1989reatta79106

On my 89 the vaccum tree on top of throttle body is badly craked causing a vaccum leak. Would a memeber have a replacement that they would sale me or is there an aftermarket part? I also need the related gasket underneath as well. What are the part numbers to the oem or aftermarket vaccum tree and it's associated gasket? If no gasket is avaialable would a quality sealent like hondabond work for a gasket?

There are thousands of 3.8 engines that used that part. Either a dealer would have one or you could go to a You Pick salvage yard.

• Agree 1

The 'yard is the best bet but just be certain it is from the same engine family. There are similar ones used on some GM engines that look the same but are slightly different. Just measure carefully when you search. You can certainly try a sealer on the cracks and it can use a bead of silicone for the seal. If you are handy with tools, you can make your own, even from a block of wood well sealed. Only three of the four ports are actually connected. 

I guess Im going to go salavage yard hunting. Not a lot of older cars with the correct 3800 series left in the bone yards in my area. Most all have been scraped. Thanks for yall's responses. Was hoping a member had  an extra they were willing to part with for a reasonable price. I can return the favor if anyone in future projects has use for the correct Kent Moore tools like crankshaft sensor adjustment or correct Kent Moore flywheel lock tool. I  would be willing to loan out by mail if they promise to return in a reasonable time frame. I like everyone else here has a desire to keep these unique and fun cars on the road as long as possible.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Bought the item per your link from east coast reatta. Thanks Philbo