Is this going to far?

Ronnie

I'm thinking about getting a picture of my Reatta put on my debit card. It will cost 20 bucks. I already have a Reatta mouse pad, a Reatta screensaver on my computer and picture of my Reatta hanging on the wall in my garage. Is this Reatta obsession getting out of hand? My wife thinks so. 🙂

reatta personal card.jpg

• Like 5

Sounds like a good idea to me. By the way, once you get it, I would be happy to road test it for you, but don’t forget the keys, err, pin #😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, Ronnie said:

I'm thinking about getting a picture of my Reatta put on my debit card. It will cost 20 bucks. I already have a Reatta mouse pad, a Reatta screensaver on my computer and picture of my Reatta hanging on the wall in my garage. Is this Reatta obsession getting out of hand? My wife thinks so. 🙂

reatta personal card.jpg

I am not sure, but I have a Reatta taillight that lights up when I turn on the light switch hanging from the ceiling in my basement shop/storage area. 

• Like 4

By doing so, it certainly will set you off from the rest of the crowd. I'd be inclined to follow your obsession, but I also agree with your wife and Padgett. However, an extra card for your wife might allay her hesitancy.

• Like 1

I ran this by a friend that owns a Shelby Cobra and a Triumph TR6. He said he thought it was cool and I should do it. He said it sure beat the photos of cats that his wife put on both of their credit cards. 🤣

• Haha 1

Ronnie, don't feel bad. I have a 1988 Reatta brochure propped up on the wall behind my desk at work. I love looking at that rear light bar and the Reatta logo at the top of the page.

17 hours ago, Ronnie said:

reatta personal card.jpg

Love the idea.

Edited by BlakesReatta
  • Like 2

On 7/15/2021 at 10:28 PM, Ronnie said:

reatta personal card.jpg

Don't get me started...I have Reatta t-shirts, sweat shirt, hats, cuff links, pins, pens, badges, every service and owners manuals "known-to-man", coffee cups, beer glasses, etc, etc.  But, I don't have a picture of my Reatta on a credit card...just might have to look into that...go for it, Ronnie. 

Edited by ship
  • Like 1

I'm going to do it. If I get time I'm going to apply for the card with the Reatta photo on it today. I think it takes a couple of weeks to receive the card.  I hope it looks as good when I get it as it does in the preview I posted earlier.

• Like 6

I tried to order the new card this evening. I completed all the required information and when I clicked "Submit" it took me to a page that said "Sorry, that page could not be found".

I'm not sure if I completed the process of ordering the new card or not. They said it took two weeks for the card to be processed. I'll wait two weeks and see if the card arrives. If not I will try again.

• Like 1

I have a new charge on my account for $20 for a new debit card. It appears I will be getting a card with the photo of my Reatta on it.

• Like 4

I think it's a great idea, I wonder if my local bank or credit union would do that !

My credit union can make the regular debit cards in house within minutes while you wait but the card with the photo had to be ordered. You have to do it online so you can upload your photo. I doubt they are the only credit union that is offering this service to their members. If your financial institution offers it they will list it as one of the features of you getting one of their credit or debit cards.

I received my new debit card today with the photo of my Reatta on it. I'm very happy with the way it turned out and it got here sooner than expected. It looks exactly like the card preview I posted at the beginning of this thread. Unlike my current card, the new card number is on the back so it doesn't screw up the looks of the card any more than necessary. If it didn't have that electronic chip on the front it would be  perfect.

• Like 3