88 glove box.

jon L

I don't know if I should post this here or not. I didn't go over very well on the other forum.

Any way here goes.  I have a solution for the 88 glove box that crashes open.

I found a replacement shock for the door. It does need a slight modification to the opening

and the you have to change the front mount , but the parts come with the shock. 

If anyone is interested, let me know.

Welcome to the forum Jon!  Good to see you here.  Feel free to post whatever you want about a Reatta.

I have an '88 Reatta but right now I have a '89 glove box installed in it. My wife likes to be able to grab the latch when she wants to open the glove box.  I do too because she always was pushing the wrong button to get the glove box latch to release. ?

Someday I might want to put the '88 glove box back in my car so the information on the shock would come in handy.  I would appreciate anything you can post for us. Part numbers,  photos and even instructions for installing the shock would be great.

"I found a replacement shock for the door. It does need a slight modification to the opening and the you have to change the front mount , but the parts come with the shock. If anyone is interested, let me know."

I would like to know about the replacement shock.

Thanks.

I purchased the shock from Lock "Connection, LLC"  They are in, Lancaster, PA.

Address is 1200 Corporate Blvd Ste 7E-2

The item number is:  ZQL218-77-15-6-10N

Extension damper 10N/ 2.25 lb   8.58" extended length.

I believe it was under $10.00

At the back end you can unscrew the connector, you don't need it

At the business end you can use the long mount that comes with it.

There just happen to be two screws that fit the mount.

Now the only thing you have to do is enlarge the hole in the box to fit the mounting piece.

It works just like the original one did.

Thanks for posting this information. I checked out their website. The price was less that $10 and the total price shipped to me would be $13.05 which if very reasonable. As parts for our Reatta get harder find we need more good substitutes like this for new parts that are no longer available.

• Ronnie featured and unfeatured this topic