How does one tighten hubcap?

Bertimus

One of my hubcaps (the center circular cap) is wiggling quite a bit, I was wondering how it's tightened? I've included a picture to show the style of hubcap.

Thanks!

IMG-20201205-WA0013.jpg

Edited by Bertimus

Are you asking about the "R" emblem in the center, or the entire cap that pries off to expose the lug nuts? If it is the entire cap, that would be odd as it is a sort of friction fit. Is the steel spring in the correct place inside the cap? I have seen the metal outer casing, the shiny part you see, become loose on the black or gray plastic body. It is crimped around the edges of the cap. I have never actually repaired one like that if it is the issue so I hesitate to suggest what may work.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

On 1/4/2021 at 5:34 AM, 2seater said:

Are you asking about the "R" emblem in the center, or the entire cap that pries off to expose the lug nuts? If it is the entire cap, that would be odd as it is a sort of friction fit. Is the steel spring in the correct place inside the cap? I have seen the metal outer casing, the shiny part you see, become loose on the black or gray plastic body. It is crimped around the edges of the cap. I have never actually repaired one like that if it is the issue so I hesitate to suggest what may work.

The entire cap!