Best Muffler options?

Danpatters583

So I know a stock Camaro muffler or stock replacement for a Camaro works and gives it a little more rumble. Which is what I want but I was curious to see if any one else has used another brand like flowmaster or something and if so how did you like it? I was thinking about going with a supper 44 or 40 series. Im not opposed to a loud muffler. I just want some of your guy's thoughts or opinions. Thanks in advance. 

My "winter" Reatta has the Camaro exhaust. I think it is a bit loud, but then again I am 64. I prefer the stock exhaust and would replace it but the system is stainless and relatively new so I am leaving it as is.

1 hour ago, DAVES89 said:

My "winter" Reatta has the Camaro exhaust. I think it is a bit loud, but then again I am 64. I prefer the stock exhaust and would replace it but the system is stainless and relatively new so I am leaving it as is.

Lol I'm only 27 and im used to loud cars like my Nova or 928. I will admit this car is a little too quite. Like it bothers me cuz sometimes I think it just shut off ? its that quite! I'm thinking about going the Camaro route. I watched a YouTube video of one that had it and it sounded pretty good. It also doesn't have any annoying rasp like the straight piped videos I saw. Lol. Did you install it yourself? If so was it fairly simple? 

A few days ago I was following Dave returning to his house and I noticed the Camaro muffler has just a little bark to it. It sounded pretty good in my opinion and I am older than Dave? I run a straight through 2.5" Dynomax Ultraflo but I am turbocharged so that quiets things a bit by itself. If I run naturally aspirated with the same setup, it is a little too loud with the V6 raspiness.

3 hours ago, Danpatters583 said:

Lol I'm only 27 and im used to loud cars like my Nova or 928. I will admit this car is a little too quite. Like it bothers me cuz sometimes I think it just shut off ? its that quite! I'm thinking about going the Camaro route. I watched a YouTube video of one that had it and it sounded pretty good. It also doesn't have any annoying rasp like the straight piped videos I saw. Lol. Did you install it yourself? If so was it fairly simple? 

No it was installed by the P.O.

Hmmm ok well good to know. Does the Reatta have a resonator? I don't remember seeing one if so would it be better to remove it or keep it?

What did you use to turbo it? I saw a kit for like a Camaro and i was tempted to convert it. I also have the opportunity to get a series 1 supercharger. I was tempted to buy the supercharger since its more of a bolt on. But im not opposed to a turbo either. 

7 hours ago, 2seater said:

A few days ago I was following Dave returning to his house and I noticed the Camaro muffler has just a little bark to it. It sounded pretty good in my opinion and I am older than Dave? I run a straight through 2.5" Dynomax Ultraflo but I am turbocharged so that quiets things a bit by itself. If I run naturally aspirated with the same setup, it is a little too loud with the V6 raspiness.

5 hours ago, Danpatters583 said:

Hmmm ok well good to know. Does the Reatta have a resonator? I don't remember seeing one if so would it be better to remove it or keep it?

What did you use to turbo it? I saw a kit for like a Camaro and i was tempted to convert it. I also have the opportunity to get a series 1 supercharger. I was tempted to buy the supercharger since its more of a bolt on. But im not opposed to a turbo either. 

No resonator on a Reatta. Turbo installation is entirely homemade and I don't know of a kit of any kind that would be a bolt on. Camaro is rwd and that engine orientation makes a huge difference in the available room and routing of plumbing. The closest thing to a plug and play is the S/C variant as mentioned. Even the programming for the PROM is available online to get a chip burned. 

I suggest a couple of things to let the engine breathe a bit better, especially if you add boost; remove the restriction inside the rear exhaust manifold and replace the stock catalytic converter with a more modern replacement that flows better. Even an inexpensive Walker universal cat in 2.5" flows much better than the original. If you do add boost, aside from the engine changes, the fuel pump should be upgraded to supply it.

On 12/8/2020 at 8:07 PM, 2seater said:

No resonator on a Reatta. Turbo installation is entirely homemade and I don't know of a kit of any kind that would be a bolt on. Camaro is rwd and that engine orientation makes a huge difference in the available room and routing of plumbing. The closest thing to a plug and play is the S/C variant as mentioned. Even the programming for the PROM is available online to get a chip burned. 

I suggest a couple of things to let the engine breathe a bit better, especially if you add boost; remove the restriction inside the rear exhaust manifold and replace the stock catalytic converter with a more modern replacement that flows better. Even an inexpensive Walker universal cat in 2.5" flows much better than the original. If you do add boost, aside from the engine changes, the fuel pump should be upgraded to supply it.

Good to know. I'll look into it a bit more.

On 12/13/2020 at 9:00 AM, Tallicat said:

Go the Camaro route. Dual stainless tips out the back.

Im thinking I will go that route. I'm just waiting for it to warm up a bit. Its been about 20 degrees out here the last week lol. So when it warms up I got some head light upgrades too do too!