Windshield Washer Pump

Dan USA

Has anyone replaced a Washer Pump? I have a 1990 Reatta, What needs to be removed to access the pump?

Thanks...Dan

The brace over the relay center must be swung out of the way or removed. The relay center must be moved aside by removing the lid and unscrewing the two torx screws (T15?) recessed into the surface the relays plug into. Just move it aside so you can access the mounting screws for the washer fluid reservoir. The pump is in the bottom.

• Thanks 1

• 3 years later...
On 10/19/2020 at 2:44 PM, 2seater said:

The brace over the relay center must be swung out of the way or removed. The relay center must be moved aside by removing the lid and unscrewing the two torx screws (T15?) recessed into the surface the relays plug into. Just move it aside so you can access the mounting screws for the washer fluid reservoir. The pump is in the bottom.

Thanks to a google search, your advice from October 2020 helped me in December 2023. My washer fluid container sprung a leak, and I was struggling to remove it for repairs. Removing the air filter housing revealed the culprit hiding under the Relay Center: a broken plastic nipple on the washer pump. After reading your tip on how to move the Relay Center out of the way, I had the fluid container out in a minute, new $10 pump ordered from Amazon.

Owning a Reatta would be a lot more challenging without experts like you sharing their experience. Thanks, greatly appreciated!

Edited by Edsel-to-Reatta
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Agree 1