Post Your Favorite Buick Reatta Videos

Ronnie

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/23/2020 at 7:19 AM, Ronnie said:

Buick Reatta Service Highlights

This is probably the best Reatta video I've seen.  I learned a lot about my car I didn't know by watching it. The first part tells about how the Reattas were built. The second half gives a lot of technical tips that I didn't know about. The video is kind of long but you have to watch the entire video to get the most out of it.

A German must have designed that sunroof. Just like nearly everything the Krauts build, overengineered beyond necessity. Glad my Reatta doesn't have one. 

• 7 months later...

one more!  This will be the last video on the Reatta for a while.  Now all we gotta do is get the coil pack replaced, the spark plugs, the shocks, get the interior fixed up to being at least presentable, get the doors aligned properly and oiled so they'll stop squeaking when I open the door.  Oh yeah, and replacing that serpentine belt would be nice too, lol.  So, not a lot.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...

Cleaning/polishing tailights on a blue Reatta............looks easy with good results.   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

9 hours ago, Top Down said:

Cleaning/polishing tailights on a blue Reatta............looks easy with good results.   

Great video! Thanks for posting....

• Like 1

On 3/26/2023 at 11:59 PM, Top Down said:

Thanks!  I'll definitely do this once the car is running smoothly.

I do the first prep steps but then varnish with a high gloss oil based SPAR varnish. The amber in the Spar really makes the taillight pop. Looks almost like the reflector below the taillight. And the best part is no further work. Just wash and dry like any other panel on your car.

Dave, how is the spar varnish holding up to the weather?  I'm considering doing the same as you to my taillight.

Dave I did the vert in April of 2016 and still has some shine but should probably be recoated. Not bad for 7 years. If you want to find the series of posts "over there" just go into the "Search" enter "Spar" in the search bar with "DAVES89" as the author and you'll find it.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DAVES89 said:

Dave I did the vert in April of 2016 and still has some shine but should probably be recoated. Not bad for 7 years. If you want to find the series of posts "over there" just go into the "Search" enter "Spar" in the search bar with "DAVES89" as the author and you'll find it.

I have a couple of extra taillights in inventory.  I think I'll try it on one of them when the weather gets warmer here in eastern MA.  Thanks for the info.

9 hours ago, ship said:

I have a couple of extra taillights in inventory.  I think I'll try it on one of them when the weather gets warmer here in eastern MA.  Thanks for the info.

Top Down has the preparation steps down perfectly. Once the prep work is done just top coat with Spar varnish using a foam brush.

• Thanks 1

Saw this on Facebook. Kinda cool. Good view of the Reatta lightshow. 

• Thanks 2

Kinda cool but at the same time a bit strange.    How a Reatta was chosen for the background effects isn't clear to me as it does not relate to the words of the song.   Perhaps the singer/director owned the Reatta and wanted to save some $ instead of paying for special effects............    In any case, still nice to see the Reatta in action.

• Agree 1

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Interesting video.  One thing they did mess up on was they said the Reatta was based on the Skylark platform instead of the Riviera platform.  Reatta was the highest priced Buick all years during its run.  Riviera took over in 1992.

1 hour ago, ship said:

Interesting video.  One thing they did mess up on was they said the Reatta was based on the Skylark platform instead of the Riviera platform.  Reatta was the highest priced Buick all years during its run.  Riviera took over in 1992.

I noticed the errors but overall I was surprised that channel had anything to do with a Reatta. They normally are doing truck stuff, primarily pickups and things like that. They are based in Colorado and they have a towing torture test called the Ike Gauntlet. High altitude (11k feet?), steep incline for 8 miles, so it is a real test of towing ability. Maybe gets a different crowd to look at Reatta's😎

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Hey 2seater I was at the Culver's we go to today for my free Birthday Sundae when a guy came up to me and talked to me for about 5 minutes about the Red that I am still driving.