Frequently Asked Questions

Ronnie

I forgot my password. What should I do?

It can be frustrating when you forget the password you need to sign in to the forum. It is easy to reset your password by following the steps below.

STEP-1

• To begin the process of resetting your password CLICK HERE.
  • A form should be displayed like the one shown below. 
  • Enter the email address you originally used to sign up on the forum and click the "Recover Password" button.

Forgot Password - 1.png

STEP-2

When you click the Recover Password button you will see the following message:

Your password reset request was successful. We have sent you an email with further instructions to recover your account. Check your email within the next few minutes including any junk or spam folders.

• Go to your email account and open the email your received from Reatta Owners Journal.
  • Click the link (button) in the email to verify that you want to reset your password.
  • You will be returned to the ROJ forums.

STEP-3
Once you are back on the forum you should see the form shown below:
Forgot Password - 2.png

• Enter your new password in the form and click "Save"  

Congratulations, you have now successfully reset your password to sign in on the forum!  Don't forget to write down you password and keep it in a safe place.

If you are still having problems signing in contact me. I will try to help.

How do I edit my signature?

Please add the model year of your Reatta(s) to your signature line.  It helps other members to tell at a glance which model you have when they answer a question you post to the forum.  It's also good to add other information to your signature line like the color of your car, coupe or convertible, etc. or anything else you would like other forum members to know about you. No advertisements in your signature line please.

HOW TO EDIT YOUR SIGNATURE LINE

1. Click on your username in the upper-right of any page on the forum.
2. Then click Account Settings from the menu that drops down.

user menu.jpg

3.  On the settings page select Signature from the menu on the left of the page.

edit sig-2.jpg

4.  Add or edit the information you want to appear in your signature line.

edit sig-3.jpg

5.  Click Save at the bottom of the editor.

Congratulations!  You've added information to your signature line.

How do I add a photo to my post?

Adding a photo to your posts is a simple process. Just follow the steps below.

STEP-1

• Enter the text for your post as you normally would. Entering a description of your photo is recommended.

At the bottom of your post you will see the option to Add Images (photos) to add to your post.

Add attachments-1.png

STEP-2

• Click on "Add Images" and a window will open that will allow you to navigate to photos on your computer as shown in the  photo below.
  • Click once on a photo to select it and then click the "Open" button. (Some web browsers might say "Save" on the button).

Add attachments-2.png

STEP-3

Once your photo is uploaded you will see it appear at the bottom of your post as shown below.

Add attachments-3.png

You can add the photo anywhere in the text of your post by clicking the + button as (shown above) as I have done below.

Cumberland Falls 2014 (1).JPG

Adding a photo to your post is as simple as that!

How do I follow topics on the forum

Click on the "Follow" button in the upper right of the page in the topic you want to follow. You can also change how you would like to receive notifications about new posts from there. (second red arrow).

Follow post.png

Back-To-Top Button

There is a round gray button in the bottom-right corner of the the forum that will automatically scroll you back to the top of the page if you click on it.  You only see it after you have scrolled down the page some.  It's handy if you are reading a long thread and want to go back to the top of the page quickly without scrolling. Try it out

This photo shows you the button to look for.

Back to top button.png

About the Teves Brake System

The 1988-1990 Buick Reattas used the Teves (ABS) brake system. The 1991 used a completely different ABS brake system made by Bosch.

The Teves ABS power brakes do not use a conventional vacuum booster to provide power assist to the master cylinder as most GM cars do.  The Teves ABS power brakes have a pump, powered by a 12 volt motor, that builds pressure in an accumulator ball to provide reserve braking power when the pump cycles off.

The Teves power brake pump is controlled by a pressure switch that activates the brake pump relay to maintain proper pressure in the accumulator when the ignition switch is on. The brake pump and pressure switch are a separate unit mounted on the left [driver] side of the brake master cylinder. It is held on to the master cylinder with one large bolt.

The ABS Control Valves are mounted on the right side of the master cylinder. The ABS valves are controlled by an Electronic Brake Control Module that gets inputs from sensors mounted on each wheel. The Electronic Brake Control Module [ECBM] is mounted in the trunk.  The ABS valves modulate the pressure going to each wheel to prevent a wheel from locking up during hard braking. If properly maintained the Teves ABS Brake System works really well.

More detailed information about the Teves brakes can be found here in the ROJ How-to Guides.

The photo below shows the parts of the Teves system that routinely need servicing or replacement.

Teves-labeled-1.jpg

BRAKE TROUBLESHOOTING & MAINTENANCE

First steps when you have brake problems:  Brake Frequently Asked Questions  --  How To Read ABS Codes  --  ABS Code Chart

Brake Testing & Troubleshooting:  The Brake Test (scroll down)  -- Accumulator Testing Instructions - Troubleshoot ABS wheel sensors

Important Maintenance Information:  Brake Fluid Specifications  --  How To Flush & Bleed Brakes  --  Reservoir Filling Instructions

Feel free to ask any questions you might have about the Teves ABS system in this topic.

About Reatta lights & headlight doors

The following is information that will be needed by all Reatta owners at some point. 

The most common failure on the Reatta headlights is the doors get slow to open or won't open at all.  It is caused by the bushings (rollers) inside the gearbox disintegrating with age, followed by the hole in the crank arm rounding out as show in the photos below.  Both can be easily fixed by installing a new headlight motor repair kit.

headlight repair-1.jpgheadlight repair-2.jpg

Photos provided by Barney Eaton

Headlight Door Tips & Tutorials:   Headlight Door Troubleshooting   --  Headlight Door Assembly Removal   --  Headlight Door Motor Repair

Information about Reatta Lights:  Headlights Electrical  --  Exterior Lights  --  Interior Lights  --  Taillight Refinishing  -- 1990 Headlight Switch Repair Tutorial  --   Exterior Bulb Charts

Feel free to ask any questions you might have about the Reatta Lights and Headlight Doors in this topic.

• Ronnie changed the title to Frequently Asked Questions
  • Ronnie unpinned this topic