Left Cornering Lamp Inoperative

B29 Engineer

Left Cornering Lamp Inoperative,   Lamp Is Good,   No Voltage On Lamp Pins When Turn Signal 

Is Operated. Any Ideas? Or Places To Look.

Are the turn signals working?  If not the problem is probably the fuse is blown.  If they are working it appears to me from looking at the FSM diagram (below) that the problem would be in the turn signal switch There's not much else in the circuit for the cornering lights other than connectors.

91Reatta-corner light.png

Are You Talking About The Turn Hazard Switch Assembly? If So Where Located.

There are relays under the hood in the relay center. You may want to switch them around and see if it works.

30 minutes ago, B29 Engineer said:

Are You Talking About The Turn Hazard Switch Assembly? If So Where Located.

Take Dave's advice. He knows these cars better than I do. He has hands on experience where I'm just going by the wiring diagrams in the service manual.

Yes, I was talking about the turn signal switch.  It is part #12 in the photo below which is an exploded view of the steering column.

91Reatta-corner light-2.jpg

Thanks for the compliment Ronnie but you are probably right. I was thinking that the cornering lamp was out but the directional was working,  which could be the relay. But after reading again it's the directional not working with no comment on the corner lamp illuminating.

In My 1991 Service Manual Pages  110-8 and Page 110-14 they list a switch as( Turn /Hazard Switch Assembly )

is this switch you are referring to ? Both switches do not look the same electrically.   Do you have a picture of the switch that you are referring to . Where did  You

Find the location of the switch that you referred to ? Is There a location view of the switch in my 1991 my service manual ?

1 hour ago, B29 Engineer said:

In My 1991 Service Manual Pages  110-8 and Page 110-14 they list a switch as( Turn /Hazard Switch Assembly )

is this switch you are referring to ? Both switches do not look the same electrically.   Do you have a picture of the switch that you are referring to . Where did  You Find the location of the switch that you referred to ? Is There a location view of the switch in my 1991 my service manual ?

I was looking at a '91 factory service manual (FSM) when I posted earlier. I believe the switch shown on pages 110-8 (turn/hazard lights) and 110-14 (cornering lights) are one in the same.  As  you may know, the reason they look different electrically is because the FSM only shows the parts of the switch that relate to the circuits you are viewing instead of all the circuits inside the switch. The switch actually looks like the one in the photo below that is from RockAutoParts.com's listings for a '91 Reatta Turn Signal Switch.  It appears to be made to be installed around the shaft of the steering column.   I have never installed one so I don't know for sure. 

The photo of the steering column I posted earlier is from a auto parts vendor's website that I found somewhere in the Internet. It's not in the FSM.

Please don't go out and buy a new switch and take your steering column apart to install it just based on what I've posted.  I've never worked on a '91 model.  My posts so far are just my effort to try to help you find the problem. 

TW-57_Front__ra_p.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

The Problem Has Not Been Fixed As Of Yet, Have Been Advised To Remove The Drivers Seat  So That The Switch Can Be Assailable,

Problem has been fixed, Trouble was in the Turn Signal Steering Wheel Lever, Not making Good  Electrical Connection.

• Thanks 1

On 8/4/2022 at 3:58 PM, B29 Engineer said:

Problem has been fixed, Trouble was in the Turn Signal Steering Wheel Lever, Not making Good  Electrical Connection.

Thanks for letting us know.

Long time between posts. What steps did you take to correct the problem? Did you remove the drivers seat? Etc.

I did Remove The Seat  But the problem did not need the seat removal. Problem was in the  turn signal switch on the steering wheei

• Thanks 1