What did you do with your Reatta today.

DAVES89

I got my spot mirrors this afternoon and installed the one on the drivers side. Then I jumped in the car and went for a drive. It got rid of the blind spot and so far seems to work great. Only problem I have found is I only look at the spot mirror most of the time and have to remember that objects you see in it are closer than they appear. I've not decided if I will put one on the passenger side or not. Thanks for telling us about them Dave

Here are some photos. I found that it's hard to take them without my ugly face being in the picture. 🙂  I wanted the spot mirror to follow the top edge of the side mirror a little better, even though the instructions did say to have the bottom edge of the spot mirror parallel to the ground like I have it. I didn't know the adhesive was going to grab as soon as I touched the glass like it did. Still, I'm happy with the way it turned out. The bottom photo is basically what I see from the driving position. I sit with the seat all the way back.

SAM_4475 (2).JPG

SAM_4474.JPG

SAM_4475.JPG

• Like 1

After looking at the bottom photo some more I actually don't see the side of the car as much as the photo shows. I like to adjust the mirror so I just see the side of the car if I lean to the left a little. I must have been leaning way to the left when I took that photo.

Looks good Ronnie! I set my original mirror so I only see a little of my car. Then because of the new spot mirror I can see the vehicle come up all the way to where I can see his car right next to me. I really am glad I got these mirrors.

• Agree 2

On 8/25/2022 at 12:40 PM, Ronnie said:

This is off the top of my head. There are other costs I'm forgetting but It won't come to me right now.

Hosting fee= $166.00

Domain name fee= $19.00

Forum software subscription= $80.00 ($40 per 6 months x 2)

It's not a huge amount of money, but it is quite a bit to put out for something that is hardly used.  I never expected this website to make any money, and it never has. Donations use to help offset the costs but they are few and far between now that we have such a small number of visitors.

Ronnie's web site with all the information he has for us is way better then any web site out there.

Think about how much a shop charges to troubleshoot and you get it here for free.

How about we do a fund raiser to offset these costs?

I will match any single donation up to $50.00 to a total maximum donation by me of $300.00.

Please help.

Edited by DAVES89
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I donated $100 either very late last year or very early this year (can't remember which).  I plan to donate the same amount each year going forward.

• Like 2

Ship that's great. I have never donated to Ronnie's site because I have supplied him with parts. But I made a donation equaling $2.00 a month for every year I have been on these forums.

Best deal I ever did!

• Agree 2

Thanks for all your support guys. I appreciate your donations. It helps pay the bills, but I also appreciate you participating in the forum. If I can help any of you some way please let me know.

• Like 1

I donated $20 a few months ago. I'll also continue to donate. Thank you Ronnie for all you do. You're a pillar in the Reatta community.

1 hour ago, BlakesReatta said:

I donated $20 a few months ago. I'll also continue to donate. Thank you Ronnie for all you do. You're a pillar in the Reatta community.

Thank you for the donation and thank you for your kind words. They are much appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...

Ran into a RH headlight motor failure Friday (9/9).  Today (Saturday) I swapped the motor out with a functional one from inventory.  Pulled the failed motor apart and found the plastic bearings were totally disintegrated.  It lasted for 31 years.... not too bad!  Left hand side has been replaced once.  I have a few repair kits, so I rebuilt the failed one and placed it in inventory.  I really don't know why I have three LH motors and only one RH one in inventory...strange.   

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

I have an odd amount of motors as well. Don't know how that happened, but they too are all rebuilt and ready to go.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/25/2022 at 1:40 PM, Ronnie said:

This is off the top of my head. There are other costs I'm forgetting but It won't come to me right now.

Hosting fee= $166.00

Domain name fee= $19.00

Forum software subscription= $80.00 ($40 per 6 months x 2)

It's not a huge amount of money, but it is quite a bit to put out for something that is hardly used.  I never expected this website to make any money, and it never has. Donations use to help offset the costs but they are few and far between now that we have such a small number of visitors.

I just made a small donation. It's not much but what I can do right now. I will donate more when I can.

Also, thank you for what you do with this site. I really enjoy this awesome community. I haven't been on much lately because I have a young family and have just been insanely busy. But I am always grateful to be able to come back. The site in general is super helpful. I used it today to help (finally) fix my faulty TPS connector. Finally won't be idling at 1500 rpms anymore!

Seriously though, thank you. It is appreciated and enjoyed more than you know.

22 minutes ago, Philbo said:

I just made a small donation. It's not much but what I can do right now. I will donate more when I can.

Also, thank you for what you do with this site. I really enjoy this awesome community. I haven't been on much lately because I have a young family and have just been insanely busy. But I am always grateful to be able to come back. The site in general is super helpful. I used it today to help (finally) fix my faulty TPS connector. Finally won't be idling at 1500 rpms anymore!

Seriously though, thank you. It is appreciated and enjoyed more than you know.

Thank you for your donation. It is appreciated. I'm happy that your find this website useful and thanks for letting me know. Sometimes it's hard for me to tell if people are using the website. The donations help me pay the bills for the website, but knowing that people are using it is what keeps ROJ going.

• Like 1

Decided today was the day to get the Black out of storage. I'm about 1000 miles over on an oil change on the Red and with a long range prediction of colder weather [no A/C on the Black] now is the time to hibernate the Red after the oil change.

What I didn't anticipate was the dash lighting up but not the CRT or getting any chimes. After checking the fuses [potentially an easy fix but that wasn't it] I moved on to swapping out the CPS [Central Power Supply]. Thought it was in the console [removed both side panels], but it turned out to be under the dash just to the left of the steering wheel. Total job time about 45 minutes of which almost 30 minutes was the fuse testing and R&R of the side panels. Easy job and parts were on hand [had 4 in back stock all tested prior].

Did get advice on location and likely culprit of the CPS from a forum member who might want to volunteer his name. I normally don't call a forum member but I needed to get the car done quickly [we were leaving to go out for dinner and the wife was waiting] and was away from my manual, so thanks Buddy! 

Edited by DAVES89
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, DAVES89 said:

I normally don't call a forum member but I needed to get the car done quickly [we were leaving to go out for dinner and the wife was waiting] and was away from my manual, so thanks Buddy! 

You've helped me a lot Dave. Happy to be able to return the favor.

• Like 2

On 9/22/2022 at 8:49 PM, Ronnie said:

You've helped me a lot Dave. Happy to be able to return the favor.

Thanks Ronnie.

But as you know Friday another issue happened with the Black [always something when it comes out of storage after 6 months]. 

My wife an I had the car all packed and ready to go for a 230 mile round trip to Wisconsin's north woods when I turned the key and got... nothing. Tried the key a coiple of times, but no luck. Unpack the Reatta and everything in the Pacifica and off we go.

After a brief conversation with you on the way north I was all set to go to Gibson's on Monday and pull a Reatta steering column. 

So today we get home and I thought "Why not try the Reatta and see if it starts... and it did. Turned it off and started again about 5-6 times and fired every time.

After calling you [and Kendall] we all agreed I have a ground issue because not only did the car not start but I lost all the preset settings [Radio, clock/time/date, temperature]. The consensus was clean the battery connections [positive and negative] the ground on the radiator wall, and the ground under the ignition module.

So everything got wire brushed/sanded and then a coating of dielectric grease.

Hope I am all set as I am heading into my busy work schedule but I do have the Red waiting in the wings should it be something else. 

Edited by DAVES89
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, DAVES89 said:

So everything got wire brushed/sanded and then a coating of dielectric grease.

If that takes care of that problem maybe you will be good for a while.

Replaced the front muffler clamp on my catalytic converter with a stainless steel band clamp. I noticed a bit of movement in the joint when I was replacing the rubber o-ring hangers at the rear. I would replace the rear clamp too but the joint is too short.🤨

Went junking’ with Dave’s 89 today to find a replacement driver’s seat belt latch. In looking through compatible vehicles, Riv’s and Reattas, I found many that had a failed latch on the drivers side. It looks like a pattern to indicate they have a finite life span. All passengers side worked fine.

Telling tales but Dave was after a very nice seat when we discovered a low mile 89 Riviera. After looking it over, I think he decided other stuff too good to pass upđź‘Ť181773C1-5AC8-4289-9DF5-F793B0B1D2EE.thumb.jpeg.8e16fb4a4bc17c97bd003282e48f4f34.jpeg

• Like 2