What did you do with your Reatta today.

DAVES89

Actually while were shooting pool Kendall and I did a recap. He was doing the wires under the hood while I was putting the console back together [I also had to reinstall the driver's seat so we would have more room] he actually said that the light blue wire pin was the culprit. So it wasn't the wire but the pin in the first bulkhead that Kendall had to bypass. He noticed that we had done another pin [purple wire to the pin I believe he said it was] that had been done in the past. 

Still not bad for 315,000 miles and 34 years. 

• Agree 1

21 minutes ago, DAVES89 said:

he actually said that the light blue wire pin was the culprit.

So he already knew it was the light blue wire before I posted the photo with that wire highlighted in red?

No, the information you gave us provided a great jump start.

• Like 2

After 2 days of driving and checking to make sure that my directionals ( both front and rear) I am happy to say that my turn signal issue is resolved.

Thanks to all that helped!

Friday afternoon was one of the now fleeting warm summer days here in Wisconsin.  The wife and I hopped in the convertible and drove to one of our favorite places, TJ's Harbor which is south of Oshkosh on the western shore of lake Winnebago.  Perfect late afternoon for a beverage and light meal.  We meandered back home via highway 45 and passed the Jesuit Retreat house where my father visited every summer.  He put about 500 miles per year on the convertible, and 200 of it was driving to his retreat there each summer.  I smiled remembering him, humbled by the fact that I now drive the car he always called his 'old man Corvette'.

Edited by alchemist
  • Like 2

Thanks for sharing your story. Drives like the one you describe are the reason I keep my Reatta. I don't know any of the places you mentioned but it sounds like a wonderful afternoon cruise. I like him calling his Reatta the old man Corvette. I usually refer to mine as "your grandmother's sportscar". I think I like old man Corvette better.

• Like 2

On 7/31/2022 at 8:46 AM, Ronnie said:

The CRT is probably going bad. You could try removing it and cleaning the connections but not likely the problem.

Manuals are here: Reatta FSMs   I wish I could post the FSMs here on ROJ but I'm afraid GM might come after me since I don't have a license to do so.

Thank you Ronnie. You're top shelf/world class !! 

• Like 1

I've read articles in the past that called the Reatta Buick's version of the Corvette. So, achemist's dad likely had some authority for his statement. Agree with Ronnie - nice story to share. 

Haven't driven the '91 Reatta to any cruise-ins or car shows since Wednesday, 8/3.  We've been having a record hi heat wave (ninety-five or better) with little-to-no rain on and off going on close to two weeks.  Suppose to get real rain via a cold front tonight (8/9) with temps dropping into the seventies on Wednesday.  Hopefully, will attend a cruise-in tomorrow and Friday.

• Like 2

I have been looking at blind spot mirrors for the Red. I have decided on the Utopicar brand. They are a frameless mirror. If I don't like the look I'lkl put them on the Black and continue my search.

I'm getting tired of looking over my shoulder for cars in my blind spot.

6 hours ago, DAVES89 said:

I'm getting tired of looking over my shoulder for cars in my blind spot.

I have the same problem. A few years ago I tried the small spot mirrors and didn't like them so I removed them. They took up too much space on the mirror that is already too small. Now I just adjust the mirrors outward to cover the blind spot and then when I get ready to back into a parking spot or something I adjust them inward and down so I can see the side of the car and the painted stripes on the parking place if needed.

• Agree 1

I didn't want the round spot mirrors or a mirror with a "frame" on it, so hopefully the frameless one I bought will fit the bill. What I will do is tape them in place with packaging tape [clear] and see how I like them. If I like them I'll install them on the Red, if not I'll put them on the Black...

• Like 1

On 8/9/2022 at 12:09 AM, Ron Walker said:

I've read articles in the past that called the Reatta Buick's version of the Corvette. So, achemist's dad likely had some authority for his statement. Agree with Ronnie - nice story to share. 

The first car my father purchased new was a 1959 Corvette Convertible with the hard and soft tops (interchangeable).  I believe it had the 283 V8 and Powerglide transmission.  He sold this car when he go married and their first child was on the way.  He always smiled when he talked about the Corvette, and when the local Buick dealer called one day he bought the Reatta immediately.

Edited by alchemist
added information.
  • Like 2

Finally, the weather today (8/12) was pleasant enough to get the Reatta out to a local cruise-in down the road about 30 miles from my house.  The temp only hit 78* with relatively low-to-moderate humidity.  Roughly 200 cars attended...about 3 Buicks out of 200 (sorry no pics). 

• Like 2

On 8/11/2022 at 9:14 PM, DAVES89 said:

I didn't want the round spot mirrors or a mirror with a "frame" on it, so hopefully the frameless one I bought will fit the bill. What I will do is tape them in place with packaging tape [clear] and see how I like them. If I like them I'll install them on the Red, if not I'll put them on the Black...

6 weeks ago I ordered closeout Delco crank sensors and UPS lost the package. Yesterday I ordered a mirror from Amazon and USPS lost my order. 

So I ordered another mirror as I really want to try this mirror.

• Like 1

I'm figuring the original mirror order is lost never to be seen again, so I hedged my bet and just ordered another one. This way I should get one for sure and if the first one is found I get two and if like it I'm good on both cars. Could be a win win... 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, DAVES89 said:

6 weeks ago I ordered closeout Delco crank sensors and UPS lost the package. Yesterday I ordered a mirror from Amazon and USPS lost my order. 

So I ordered another mirror as I really want to try this mirror.

Dave, you are a very optimistic person.   I'd be so pee-ode at UPS and USPS. 

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, ship said:

Dave, you are a very optimistic person.   I'd be so pee-ode at UPS and USPS. 

The second mirror is here and installed. The first mirror is still "On it's way" which means it's lost. I also ordered a battery powered taillight for my wife's bike with the second mirror order and they aren't here. Should be interesting dealing with Amazon this week.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Massachusetts had a "sales-tax-free" weekend 8/13-8/14 (6.25%).  From what I've read, people went "nuts" buying stuff online.  I ordered a new laptop through Walmart online.  I'm hoping it doesn't get "lost in the mail".