Winter is coming. Are you ready?

Ronnie

So I am sure this has been brought up before but has anyone ever bought the Battery Tender from Harbor Freight? If so is it any good?

I put one of my Girls to bed for the winter the other day and took out the battery, she is all tucked in for a long winter's nap....HeeHee. Anyways I was just now looking for a tender, Better Late than never. My other one is also covered up but plan on driving her on good days.

Oh Yeah the one that I will be driving just turned 178,000 and to think she had 164,000 when I bought her, that was just over a one years' worth of ownership. Still going strong!

Thanks

-Scott

I bought a battery tender from Harbor Freight. It never worked from the day I brought it home. It was so cheap that it wasn't worth driving 40 miles back to the Harbor Freight store to return it. I guess you get what you pay for. :rolleyes:

• 4 months later...

Saturday I get the Red out. Can't wait. The Black will be out full time then as having a two car garage there is only room for two cars side by side. I have an "L" shaped driveway so the Black will be parked off to one side. Looking forward to driving it again. You guys might think this is crazy but each one is a bit different and of all three I still like the Red the best.

I hope I like it better once I get the new engine/tranny in.

That red car is a good looking car Dave. It's almost a twin to my red '88. You didn't mention the convertible. Do you ever get to drive it? :)

Yeah I get to drive the 'vert. But the problem is that the Red is a summer Reatta as is the'vert and I really like driving the Red. I open the sunroof on the Red and I get the sun w/o all the extra air blowing like you get with the top down on the 'vert. I think the stereo on the Red is better especially with the Kicker powered woofer in it. But there are days when the 'vert is really the only car to drive. The 'vert gets about 2,000 miles a year the Red about 10,000.

Our cars will be even closer alike because I'm going to have '88 engine parts and the stamped 3800 intake.