Still driving the Red

DAVES89

It wasn't my plan but the weather here in Wisconsin has been so nice I have decided to keep running the Red, maybe all the way through November. I am coming up on 150,000 miles [of my own] and 10 years of ownership [December 10] and that would put the car at 263,xxx miles on it. Then I'll put the car away. 

How long do you plan on driving your car and how many miles have you put on the car since you have owned it?

It wasn't my plan but the weather here in Wisconsin has been so nice I have decided to keep running the Red, maybe all the way through November. I am coming up on 150,000 miles [of my own] and 10 years of ownership [December 10] and that would put the car at 263,xxx miles on it. Then I'll put the car away. 

How long do you plan on driving your car and how many miles have you put on the car since you have owned it?

The weather is nice here too but the air is filled with smoke from forest fires that looks like a dense gray haze. It has came one good rain here in the last 2 months. I usually drive my Reatta two or three times a week in nice weather. Sometimes it sits for a month or more without being driven in cold weather. We have some nice days here even in the winter that allows me to drive it once in a while to keep the battery charged. I don't actually store it for the winter like some of you guys in the north do. I've only put about 20,000 miles on it since 2007.

I bought my 90 Reatta as a daily driver. My work commute is 17 miles each way. We don't have salt on our roads in the winter. If there is deep snow or a lot of ice, I drive the truck. For what I paid for the Reatta, I couldn't have bought a wore out import. The front wheel drive and weight of the car does well on winter roads. I enjoy driving this car and enjoy having folks still ask what is that.

Kingman, Arizona here. No snow so I drive it year round. I bought my 88 less than a year ago and have been fixing things during that time. I do short trips around town several times a week and I have made a couple of trips to Laughlin, Nevada (70 miles round trip).

This is my therapy car. I enjoy tinkering with it out in the garage and cruising around town. There are lots of car shows on Route 66 and I have had several comment that they have not seen a Reatta in many years.