brake caliper rattle

jlbsam

I know this topic has been discussed previously. I have even brought it up once. but I have never gotten a complete answer. Just went for a ride in my 90 red vert. car runs nice, the only thing that detracts from the ride is the constant rattle noise from the brakes. There has to be a simple solution to this problem and I hope a fellow forum member can provide it. Thanks-Jim in San Diego

It is one of two things and both were discussed. Caliper clips or sway bar bushings. You should have your mechanic take a look and explain what he sees...

I recently watched an episode of "Car Fix".  They advised to always install new anti rattle clips when doing a disk brake pad replacement.  The old ones can be broken, bent or cracked.  They stated that this will eliminate the problem.

• 2 weeks later...

i am happy to report that the Centric brake clip's have eliminated the rattle noise. Thanks to all who advised!

I recently watched an episode of "Car Fix".  They advised to always install new anti rattle clips when doing a disk brake pad replacement.  The old ones can be broken, bent or cracked.  They stated that this will eliminate the problem.

Great! Thank you for letting us know.