HVAC Fan Runs Non-Stop

Top Down

If it not one thing, then it is another.   Returned home with the new crank sensor, and won't you know it, the HVAC fan won't shut off as I pulled into the garage.   I suppose the blower module is bad, but would like to know if there is something else which could be causing the problem?   Also, is there a easy way to shut the fan off without disconnecting the battery?

I'm struggling to remove the blue retainers and electrical connectors to the blower module.   What is the trick to get them to release as I want to avoid breaking anything?   I have never done anything with these type of items so I am being very cautious.   Thanks

Edited by Top Down

The price of a new blower control module is Sticker Shock.   Napa and O'Reilly Auto Parts are in the range of $300 +/-.   These are my local auto stores in No. Cal.  so I frequent them for the usual maintenance items.   I had never heard of Rock Auto except on this forum so I gave them a try, and low and below, their price was $125.   I wonder what one can attribute this price difference to .................?

RockAuto.com  has no brick and mortar stores. Only warehouses and computer geeks that run the operation. Since that cuts down on overhead and labor they can price their parts much cheaper. Watch out for the shipping cost. It can add up. And if you want to talk to a human you can forget it.

Amazon has an off-brand blower module for about $95 with free shipping. I've never used that brand but I wouldn't be afraid to try it. You can chat online or request a callback if you want to talk to a human when something goes wrong.

Amazon.com: Boeeda 15-72530 Heating and Air Conditioning Blower Control Module Compatible with Buick Cadillac Chevrolet Corvette Heater Blower Motor Control Module 12484912 : Automotive

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1