1991 Reatta Radio Not Working

Ohjai

Did a little more digging into the radio.  The book says to check the 25 Amp fuse, where is it located, the one on the fuse panel by the throttle is okay.

The lights all work, channels and band change as expected, just no output.  I suspect a blown fuse and/or defective power amplifier.

The antenna motor was disconnected, I plugged it in and it runs continuous. So I have it unplugged for now.  

Is the antenna repairable?  I have repaired similar antennae with a rebuild mast /cord kit.  Is one available for these.

I don't know where the fuse would be located. Barney Eaton can repair your antenna at a reasonable price. He can be contacted at: barneyeaton1@gmail.com I've never had any experience with the rebuild kits. 

• Like 1

I had two antennas repaired by Barney. He charges about $70.00 each plus freight. I had two that were broke so I sent them both in. Saved a bit on freight that way.

• Like 2

Thank you.  I contacted Barney and will ship both antennae to him mid June.

Jim

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I have the antenna loose from the body, but the antenna connector does not want to separate from the antenna housing.  Is it just tight, or is there a pigtail connection somewhere between the antenna and the radio?

Trace back about 2 feet from the antenna body and you should see a connector.

I just pulled the antenna cable out of the black sheath to just almost where it enter the passenger compartment.  No connector.  I hope I don't have to disassemble the entire car to change the antenna.  I suppose I could cut it and put connectors on it, but I have gotten rid of all my coax tools and spare connectors. 

In my past life I repaired commercial radios and radios, plus I am a Amateur Radio Operator  N0OBG.

Seems like you should be able to remove two screws and take the coax connector off the antenna.

antenna-1.JPG

BAD ANTENNA .jpg

The Coax on mine is at 90 degrees covering up one of the screws.

1991REATTAAntenna.thumb.jpg.14aad3be7d2d49c390a91c1433eec471.jpg

I'm no expert on Reatta antennas but that doesn't look like any Reatta antennas I've seen before.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

U discovered the antenna connector just pulls out at the antenna.  I was just a tight finning connector and I did not want to brake it.