1988 reatta idle & CRT problem

Reatta 89

I don't believe there is any more that can be done for the peculiar information that comes up when viewing ECM data, as well as a single item in BCM data. The new Prom made no difference in the way data is displayed. The data does display the correct code for the ANCX Prom, so at least that worked. After a careful examination of the ECM and BCM data it was determined the data is in fact correct and displayed in the correct order but 2/3 of the labels or descriptions are incorrect. Essentially, if this was a 90 or 91 with only the data identifier number and the data itself, this wouldn't be a question. This case is closed for now. My son is pursuing the possibility of a slow leak in the a/c system but the system held vacuum overnight and using the R12 we had on hand at the time, which is a few oz. undercharged, the system is working for now. 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Over the weekend another CRTC was salvaged from an 88 Reatta and with that installed, all the memory and misinformation in the diagnostic screens disappeared. The handwritten notes on the unit that was in the car indicates it was for a 1989 Riviera. Apparently it has some different programming regarding the data stream, even though it does operate the CRT well. Problem solved. 

The slow A/C leak is next of the agenda.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

So I know it's been a while but all problems seemed to be fixed now it ended up being the CRTC. The one that was in the car was out of a 89 riv. I went to Gibson's junkyard and got a CRTC out of a 88 reatta put it in the car and fixed the problem.

• Thanks 1