New Owner of an '88! Looking for well wishes, sage advice, and a new photocell...

listopeter

Hello all, after seeing a car I had never heard of on FB Marketplace, I did some research and wound up lurking on this forum for a few days and the rest is history. I am a new young owner (23) of a red/tan Reatta (35) looking for advice and tips to help me on this journey.

The car is quite clean on the inside with the 16-way seats working correctly and in great condition, the dash and CRT work perfectly which is what drew me to this car. The green button dash lights do not turn on at night but they do flash during 'The Show' when you get in the car which leads me to believe the photocell is what is broken. Let me know if you have any advice in that regard.

Cassette player does not work and I believe it is the drive belt which I have ordered off A1 parts based on a previous thread on this forum. I do not trust myself with that delicate tape deck so I think I will take it in to get the belt replaced.

Engine runs great and the seller put in a new alternator, battery, and belts before selling me the car. A/C blows colder than my daily driver Honda.

There is a good size dent in the passenger size door so I was wondering if anyone had any experience doing body work without taking it to the shop. I think the dent also messed up the windshield motor on the passenger side because the window jerks its way down and up.

All in all this car seems to be well worth the price I paid and I am very happy so far driving the coast with her. Thanks for all your help!

Reatta.jpg

Welcome to the forum. Sounds like you have a nice Reatta.  Lots of friendly folks here in the forum to help. There are some good troubleshooting guides for the CRT and Instrument panel on ROJ that you might find helpful. They can be found here: 

Reatta Owners Journal - Instrument Panel & CRT

• Agree 1