Dash lighting and touch screen

LostOldschooler

It's been my experience that the Positive Eliminator in the ICM causes a short in the Negative Modulator in the Crank sensor by way of the 8th wire in the ECM harness connector.

Actually a good place to start is the ICM and I made up all the rest.

Don't forget that there's an option on the CRT to MUTE the beep tone....

Don't forget that there's an option on the CRT to MUTE the beep tone....

Good point. I think disconnecting the battery cable for a couple of minutes will reset the BCM and the CRT will default to beeping. Might be a good thing to try to see if the CRT responds with a beep when a button is pushed.

I think the best course of action to troubleshoot this problem is to ship the CRT unit to Dave and let him try it in his car as he offered to do. (I would probably send the IPC as well) That way you know the CRT is good and you can focus on finding out what is keeping it from working. Otherwise almost anything you do to find the problem is just a shot in the dark without knowing if the CRT is good or bad.

Once you have the CRT working it will help you troubleshoot the IPC by allowing you to read IPC trouble codes.

True that the CRT beep can muted, but if the battery has been disconnected it will default back to being on again. I'm assuming the battery has been disconnected on the car in question, and with no CRT display I find it unlikely that it was set to off again after the battery was reconnected.

Played with this goop....As far as the CRT Im gonna pull it out and get it shipped to Dave sometime next week....I will shoot you a email in a bit DAVE..Thanks Yall