Auxiliary Transmission Oil Cooler

ship

Come April, in the midst of getting my '91 Reatta annual MA safety inspection sticker, oil w/filter changed, and oil pressure s/w replaced, I'm thinking of having an auxiliary tranny oil cooler installed.

Question: have any of you folks had this done to your Reatta? If so, do you have a recommendation on which cooler to install?

It is from memory only but all Reattas from a mid 1990 running change received a transmission cooler. easy to see just remove the top shroud on the radiator and look in front of the condenser. Should be there.

Earlier Reattas just had a pipe but did have something. In general, a lockup trans does not need much cooling.

4 hours ago, DAVES89 said:

It is from memory only but all Reattas from a mid 1990 running change received a transmission cooler. easy to see just remove the top shroud on the radiator and look in front of the condenser. Should be there.

Dave, there is a 2"X 9" finned oil cooler in front of the radiator.  If that's the one you're writing about, I believe that's the power steering oil cooler.  But, I will check things out more readily once I have the Reatta out of storage come April...thanks.

I had gone out to the you pick yard and picked up a line kit and cooler from a Riv that had just come in. I went over to my buddy Kendalls house and we took the top off the 'Verts radiator shroud and I had one already there. Because the lines and cooler were like new [they still had the ID # stickers on them] I installed them on the Red.

• Like 1