91 Convertible For Sale (or at least looking for feelers!!)

bikern8

ROJ Friends,

I have been a forum member for the last year after picking up my 25,000 mile 91 Vert from Florida, as a result of a Bat purchase that you can find here. No Reserve: 23k-Mile 1991 Buick Reatta Convertible for sale on BaT Auctions - sold for $18,000 on March 7, 2022 (Lot #67,392) | Bring a Trailer   I have put on about 1800 miles and have purchased a headlight restoration kit from East Coast Reatta Parts (not yet installed). Also have a spare cadilac remote (not yet programmed).  I have also added some documentation and literature.  The reason for my thoughts on selling are two-fold, I have become slightly anxious and nervous after reading all the problems as faced by other owners as reported here.   I am not that mechanically inclined and pursuing parts and repairs is not what I signed up for!!  Make no mistake this car runs 100% and I have had no issues or problem other than the headlight sticking halfway up or down.  Second, I have had some other major financial challenges this past year and facing some upcoming additional significant outlays.  This car has all the 91 options and as a 91 is without question the best and rarest model year to own.  If the car stays in PA I will get a fresh inspection.  This is a fairly rare color combination with some interesting history.  I will consider serious offers of $20,000 which basically is my investment in the car.  There is no change in appearance since the Bat sale last March.  Interested parties may call or text me at 717-319-7930 or email me at nate.douty@gmail.com.  Buy it and drive it to the Reatta Charlotte Autofair in April .  Thanks for your interest.  

unnamed.jpg

Great car, low miles, complete owner's portfolio with all the goodies, makes it quite desirable, for those who can handle the red on red on red.  I've never been able to get "what I put into it" back out of a car, and your winning the BAT auction at $18,000 means, essentially, that no one else was willing to pay that much. 

Maybe you'll do better than I do at these things :-).

• Like 2

Rare color combinations do not always mean desirable.  FWIW.  Just like my red 1990 convertible with saddle top and interior is 'vanilla'.

• Haha 1

See East Coast Reatta Parts, "Reattas for sale" for examples of low-mileage cars and their asking (or selling) prices.

As far as "rare" color combinations go, I think that any Reatta with red or white paint is automatically excluded regardless of the interior color.   There are just too many left on the road.   The data found in this website quantifies colors for '89 and '90 Reattas and is a more factual with respect to "rarity of color."   However, non Red or White Reattas with oddball interior colors could possibly be considered rare as there quantities would be relatively small.   For example, the gun metal gray Reatta has a production quantity of 50 or so for '90.   If it had red interior, it maybe 1 of less than 5.   

Regarding this particular '91 convertible, I think a $20k price will find a home if the seller is patient.   How many '91 convertibles are there with 25k miles..........not many........ less than 10 for sure. 

Sorry Charley but need to get down to single digit production before I consider a car rare. My GTO wagon was one of three, all special order and produced at Framingham. The Judge (4 speed/AC/ White with red interior and black accents) is close. Other cars may be odd (Chrysler built in Germany) or triple blue sunroof 88 Reatta but are many.

Edited by Padgett

My production numbers indicate 14 in this color combination.  

Wonder what the split is between coupes and convertibles.....................?