oil pressure/windshields

fun car guy

2 hours ago, fun car guy said:

It would have to be so rusted that it whistles in the wind to destroy it's value.

What! You must mean it's value to you.

On 5/21/2023 at 12:52 PM, Ronnie said:

What! You must mean it's value to you.

Very true but I'm not doing this for profit, just repairing to enjoy myself.  I still don't understand why they are so cheap.

• Like 1

I understand where you are coming from. I've got one that I've been working on and enjoying since 2007. When I bought it I didn't expect anything less. All old cars have their problems but the Reatta problems are a little different from your average car. The Reatta problems aren't too bad once you know what to look for. The prices seem to be creeping up a little but not like I was hoping for when I bought mine. 

On 5/23/2023 at 7:47 PM, Ronnie said:

I understand where you are coming from. I've got one that I've been working on and enjoying since 2007. When I bought it I didn't expect anything less. All old cars have their problems but the Reatta problems are a little different from your average car. The Reatta problems aren't too bad once you know what to look for. The prices seem to be creeping up a little but not like I was hoping for when I bought mine. 

Thanks Ronnie.  It's good to know there's someone out there who feels the same.  Right now I seem to have sprung a major brake line leak so it's "get out and get under" time.

On 5/14/2023 at 9:27 PM, Top Down said:

Regarding Safelite, I inquired about getting a replacement windshield 4 months ago and they said NA.  They referred me to another company who searches nationwide for windshields. Their name is Glass Seekers who are located in New York.   I did not pursue finding a windshield as mine is okay except for a 1/16" chip.   However, I just found the piece of note paper with their phone number 800-345-4527.    

Thanks but that's much too far away for me in Michigan.  Besides, how would you transport one?

I am under the assumption that Glass Seekers will find a windshield, if possible, and the location would be determined at that time.   It could anywhere, and if you were lucky, it could be somewhere close to you.   It is worth a try............

• Agree 1