I'm testing the new ROJ website software

Ronnie

I have the new ROJ website update for the How-to Guides section online. You can check it out if you wish. Test it out on your cellphone or tablet too. 

You may experience problems while I'm testing it out. If you do be sure to refresh your web browser. Also closing your browser and opening it again might help. Comments are welcomed.

I logged on to the mobile app using my iPhone 12 iOS version 16.1.2 and Safari search function.  I had zero issues, layout was fine, and the functions I tested worked as I would have expected...A OK.

Good work, Ronnie!

PS: I did have to remind myself to turn off my "block all cookies" function within Safari on my iPhone.

Edited by ship
  • Agree 1

Thanks ship for letting me know. If you do stumble across some issues please let me know. I'm still making some tweaks but I think it's working well enough that we won't be going back to the old software.

Just checking but thought an EBCM code 12 meant "everything OK". Can't trust memory though.

8 minutes ago, Padgett said:

Just checking but thought an EBCM code 12 meant "everything OK". Can't trust memory though.

Have I got it wrong somewhere on ROJ? I know that is true in OBD1 but not sure about ABS codes.

27 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

Have I got it wrong somewhere on ROJ? I know that is true in OBD1 but not sure about ABS codes.

The website works well for me on my laptop and iPhone. 

I suspect the "12" for all is well comes from the instructions for the 1991, the Bosch system. It is listed under the 1991 ABS instructions on this website as the last number in the string and there are no more codes. I didn't see any "all clear" type of flashing on the 88-90 instructions so I looked in my FSM and it states: if the light comes on for four seconds and then stays off, there are no codes stored.

• Thanks 1

On 1/30/2023 at 3:22 PM, 2seater said:

The website works well for me on my laptop and iPhone. 

I know it looks different. I think it looked better before on my desktop but I'm getting use to it.  I think it works much better now on my cellphone and iPad than it did before the update. 

• Agree 2

I logged in on my Android Moto G TracFone and had no issues. I'll likely continue to use my PC because of my 19" monitor and regular sized keyboard, but the smartphone capability to access the ROJ and maneuver within the site is impressive. Thanks Ronnie for all that you do to keep this site going and updated.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

A few years ago I experimented with a pair of 22" monitors, full sized keyboard and mouse connected to a smartphone (Samsung Galaxy). Worked just fine but no-one was interested.

1 hour ago, Ron Walker said:

I logged in on my Android Moto G TracFone and had no issues. I'll likely continue to use my PC because of my 19" monitor and regular sized keyboard, but the smartphone capability to access the ROJ and maneuver within the site is impressive. Thanks Ronnie for all that you do to keep this site going and updated.

Thanks for the feedback. Glad it is working well for you. I too prefer to use my PC with 24" monitor.

ROJ being phone friendly is very useful if stranded on the side of the road. Me and my daughter were stranded in the middle of nowhere last year with a bad crankshaft position sensor. Being able to access ROJ for info, and being able to call for help from the side of the road was extremely helpful. A cellphone is the best tool you can have if broke down on the side of the road.

• Agree 2

6 hours ago, Padgett said:

A few years ago I experimented with a pair of 22" monitors, full sized keyboard and mouse connected to a smartphone (Samsung Galaxy). Worked just fine but no-one was interested.

I wouldn't have been interested because I use an iPhone 12.