91 front end replacement

Kalem

Can anybody tell me the main mechanical differences between a 90 and a 91? I already know that the 91 has the updated braking system, and also more horsepower than the 90. Other than those two things what else is different? Do they have different suspension? I’m going to have to rebuild the suspension and front end of my 91. Wondering if I could use a 90 as a parts donor. It will pretty much be a full front end rebuild. Control, arms, suspension and everything. For that matter I wonder if all of the front end components from an 88 or 89 would even work. I would really like to keep my 91 with flame red interior. 352420D9-BC07-4A09-AF0F-311785969544.thumb.jpeg.ece5d44344e49e65a99a2fbb53c2d26c.jpeg

The front suspension is basically the same for all Reatta years except that the 1991 has 16" wheels instead of 15" for previous years.  The brake system was not updated for 1991, just changed over previous years (Teves vs. Bosch).  The '91 Reatta engine is a L27 vs. previous years LN3.  Most likely the 88-93 Riviera front suspension is equal, too.

My '91 Reatta is also white with flame red interior.  Yours has white belt molding vs. mine has black. 

• Agree 1

I don't know how in depth the replacement is intended to be, but they did move some components around under the hood, primarily the location of the A/C components, with the accumulator location being the most obvious. As far as I know, the sheet metal, mounts and accessory locations won't interfere with keeping the 1991 configuration. The suspension is a bit different, primarily the sway bar mounting, on the 88-89 vs the 90-91. I do not know the details of the 91 wiring harness under the hood but the 90 is definitely different than the 88-89. Essentially the functions are the same, but the routing and locations may be somewhat different.

• Agree 1

Perhaps the question is unclear? Since this appears to be body damage, I would think the question was about replacement sheet metal, not all the possible drivetrain differences, of which there are many. This is on Facebook as well ??