Error message on ROJ?

Ronnie

Are you getting the following error message when you visit ROJ? I think it is my computer causing me problems but what to see if anyone else is having the same problem.

"Your connection isn't private"

The issue with the error message was with the ROJ server. After about an hour online with customer service it appears we are back in business.

• Like 2

I was thinking my computer was acting up...............thanks not only for getting it fixed but also letting us know what happened.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Simple, the server's security certificate expired (someone did not renew), now it expires in April (Wed, 05 Apr 2023 23:59:59 GMT), odd they did not renew for several years, is something happening in April ?

Our anniversary [1980]and both of my daughters birthdays [1986 & 1988] are in April. All on the same day April 26...

lol

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Padgett said:

Simple, the server's security certificate expired (someone did not renew), now it expires in April (Wed, 05 Apr 2023 23:59:59 GMT), odd they did not renew for several years, is something happening in April ?

You are correct in that the SSL certificate expired yesterday. You are incorrect in your assumption that someone let it expire.

The hosting service I use for ROJ has a feature called "AutoSSL" (see below). It should automatically renew the SSL certificate as soon as it expires. It has worked that way several times before. For some reason when the ROJ certificate expired yesterday the AutoSSL feature was down and didn't work.

I contacted customer service via online chat and they told me there was a sporadic problem with AutoSSL crashing on their system.  I stayed with customer for about an hour while their tech guy restarted their AutoSSL system and did what he called "grabbing a certificate for me". I wanted to make sure ROJ was working properly again before I got off the chat session with him.

How the system sets the next expiration date I don't know. It seems to be random. It doesn't really matter as long as the AutoSSL feature works the next time the certificate expires. 

What is AutoSSL?

AutoSSL is the solution to one of the biggest pain points that exists for every cPanel & WHM user: SSL installation and renewal. With AutoSSL that pain goes away. There are no more forms to fill out, and no more certificates to manually copy into place. Once you enable AutoSSL, your websites are automatically secured with a freeDomain Validated SSL certificate. Perhaps more exciting is the fact that your coverage will never lapse, because at expiration time a new, free SSL is requested and automatically installed.

OK, an automagic feature didn't. Is easy to check, just click on the lock in the URL line.

3 hours ago, DAVES89 said:

Our anniversary [1980]and both of my daughters birthdays [1986 & 1988] are in April. All on the same day April 26...

lol

Good timing Dave! 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, DAVES89 said:

lol

Wow, very good timing!!  Good way to "not forget" important dates re: wife and daughters.

1 hour ago, ship said:

Wow, very good timing!!  Good way to "not forget" important dates re: wife and daughters.

And I'm not an accountant...

• Haha 1