1990 Air bag and horn buttons

Reattasteve

I found 2 replacement Horn buttons and since it was almost 70 degrees today in Detroit I went by the instructions to replace the buttons. I was able to get the air bag off without too much trouble and noticed the top right screw was missing. I then saw there was no horn button wire that you push in and turn. Also there was no wire connectors to the spades on the buttons. 

So now I'm kind of lost at what is my next step. Will I need to get into the steering column to replace the missing wires or what. I don't know where the wires originate from.

Any help is appreciated.

Reattasteve

454185756_ReattaAirbag1.thumb.jpg.0557f9a08f38a6d681ee515a05003389.jpg

1677342408_ReattaAirbag3.thumb.jpg.2187ebdba753026fe11578db45bd3fb1.jpg

242274462_ReattaPhone2.thumb.jpg.af09e4ed2cf86297379459cc50ea2a65.jpg

No need to get into the column if I understand your situation correctly. You just need the wiring harness that connects the two horn button to the horn wire socket on the cancel cam in the column. This can be sourced off any 90-91 Reatta, 90-93 Riviera and on air-bag equipped Buick Centurys through 1996 as they used the same wheel and air bag. May be other models that used it as well, but those are the ones I'm certain of. If you have no salvage yards to source from, PM me here as I have a complete 90 column from a parts car I could get the needed wiring from.

One other possible issue, the socket on the cancel cam where the horn wire locks in (it takes a quarter turn to engage/disengage it) may have the locking tang broken off. This is easily damaged when trying to remove it if one is unfamiliar with how it goes in and comes apart. If yours is broken, the cancel cam will need replacement, and this does require partial disassmbly of the column.