Dash error code 00 and climate control issue

GpJp

My 90 Reatta dash displays the error code 00 intermittently. Last time the dash worked fine for 3 months before it gave me an error code again. When I get the error code, my climate control goes back to default mode, the display is dark, and I cannot get any of the buttons to light up or work. When I hit heater function, it will not light up and it will not work, until the dash is working again. When the dash is in error mode , I can hit the test button and the dash lights up just fine. I've already had someone clean the connections after taking the dash off . If I replace the dash , what about the climate control? Any ideas?

• 2 weeks later...

It sounds like your ipc (instrument panel control unit) is toast if you've already tried cleaning the connections.  My guess is that once you replace it the HVAC unit will resume working correctly.  There are '90-'93 ipcs' for Reatta & Riviera on eBay or Jim Finn and Marck Barker might have them.

Sound more like a LAN (ALDL) communications problem. Does the ALDL port by the steering column have the cover that says "do not remove" onnit.

• 1 month later...

I sent my instrument panel to Cluster fix.net located in Washington State. Now the instrument panel is great ! It comes automatically with a one year warranty, but I got the extended warranty, an extra 3 years for $50 more,  Total of $316. Great service from this company. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, GpJp said:

I sent my instrument panel to Cluster fix.net located in Washington State. Now the instrument panel is great !

Thanks for the update. I've added Cluster Fix to the ROJ Vendor List.

• Like 1