Heater problems

Luis

Hi.  It's my first time posting on this forum.    I have a 1990 Reatta.  I am getting cool air but not heat. HVAC programmer/control arm is not moving. I detached the air mix valve link and it freely moves left or right but programmer arm does not move when I adjust the temperature.  Do I need to replace the programmer or the problem is somewhere else.  I appreciate your help.  Luis R

It is very common for the hot/cold valve (other end of rod) to stick. I often have had to shorten the rod slightly by bending to prevent sticking.

Welcome to the forum Luis! Sorry I can't offer any help with the programmer. Never had a problem with mine.

I appreciate your replies.

I disconnected the rod; it freely moves all the way left or right and cabin temp changes accordingly however the  programmer arm does not move even when I turn heater on/of.  So it sounds like I need to get the controller.  I checked with several auto stores but can not find it. Could you please guide me to a place where to get the HVAC controller?

Thank you 

Luis

If the motor doesn't work, just get a whole HVAC Controller unit and replace it.

The best suggestion for a replacement controller would be one of our parts vendors, listed in the "more info." category at the top of this page. Alternately, the pick your part yard. Normally very reliable, but there does seem to be a few of the blend door motors going bad in the recent past. It is replaceable as a separate part which just plugs in. Here is a thread about the same subject in January

Reatta no heat - Reatta Owners Journal Forum - Reatta Owners Journal Forums