Number of Reattas still alive

JBs Reatta

Anyone have a faint idea of how many Reattas are actually still alive out there. I know its only a guess but would be nice to know roughly.

Barney doesn't have a clue. His database is so old and hasn't been refreshed or updated in years.

• Sad 1

On 11/2/2022 at 9:27 PM, DAVES89 said:

I would say less then 7000 are left...

I would go so far as to say less then 5000 with about 1000 of them being verts.

Seems to me that the great states of Florida and Arizona have the most Reatta in the country.  One would think that California is full of Reattas but not so.   When I was looking for one, the northern part of the state had a small pool to draw from.   Kind of makes sense in that Florida and Arizona are retirement states and folks from all over the country retire there and bring there possessions with them.   The age demographics of people and Reattas also fit that migration.

Surprisingly to me is that Wisconsin is a stronghold for Reattas [and Rivieras]. Very strong network of Buick dealers.

• Agree 1

There use to be a lot in Michigan too. They had several Reatta gatherings there. I saw photos of all the cars lined up at someone's house. 

In all the years that I've been interested in Reattas (20+), I have only seen 1 in an eastern MA pick n' pull.  Of the 50+ members of my BCA Minuteman chapter, there ae only 3 Reattas among us.  

2 hours ago, ship said:

In all the years that I've been interested in Reattas (20+), I have only seen 1 in an eastern MA pick n' pull.  Of the 50+ members of my BCA Minuteman chapter, there ae only 3 Reattas among us.  

In three yards within 100 miles of my house there are at least 10. 6-7 of them are within 5 miles. Rivs at least that many, same distance with 6-7 within 5 miles. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Padgett said:

I have two, one licensed. Haven't seen one on the road for a long time.

I have 3 and have put at least 4 of my own in the salvage yard..