I'm a new bee with this '88 Reatta.

Ron Kruz

The headlights raise up & work fine but won't retrack and shut off THEN the Electonic control center starts flashing leaving no radio, or any other controls, to be managed or worked. Disconnecting the battery failed to get it back working. It makes a clicking sound & comes on with the screen flashing and having no control over anything. Help, please.......                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          

If I was to guess, you have two unrelated issues going on. The headlight button works to turn the lights on, but the off button has bad contacts and won't allow the lights to turn off.

I think either the controller for the ECC [Electronic Control Center] or ECM [Electronic Control Module]is going bad.

4 hours ago, Ron Kruz said:

The headlights raise up & work fine but won't retrack and shut off...

Welcome to the forum! The problem is probably the headlight switch as Dave said. Two things you can do to help figure out the problem.

First push the "Lamp Retract" button on the panel in front of the shifter and see if the headlight doors open. Push the button again to see if the doors close as they should. Do that several times to confirm the headlight doors are working as the should.

Next push the headlight button to turn the lights on. Then look to see if you have a headlight bulb burned out. The headlight doors won't close if a headlight bulb is burned out. Push the off button on the headlight switch to turn off the light and close the doors. If the lights stay on and the doors don't close, the problem is the headlight switch.