A happy new member of the Reatta club

Oceandaemom

I recently got a very good deal on a 1989 Reatta that is in nearly perfect shape. It has only 70,000 miles on it and has never been driven in the winter (until now) and so it has literally no rust at all, not even surface rust on any parts on the underside. All of the chrome is perfect and the interior looks like it just rolled off the dealer lot in 1989. 

The only issues it has are a rough running engine on cold starts and an abs light I need to diagnose.

I will upload some pics tomorrow.

Got these pictures of it today although all the snow on it makes it look pretty rough and sad. I will see about getting a better picture when the snow goes away (hopefully soon).

T6i2uQ8.jpg

Iorn0QM.jpg

I start telling a cars condition by starting at the steering wheel and that one looks great. Looks like a nice one. Your ABS light is usually one of two things. The relay located on the firewall or a bad lead. Relays are easily obtainable at your local parts store and the lead from a number of vendors [of which I am one of]. It will not affect the driveabilty of your car however you will not have ABS braking.

Here are a couple more pictures that I got today since it was nice out and I was doing some work to the car. I found out that the ABS light being on was caused by a loose relay connection to the ABS relay. I pulled the relay out, cleaned the terminals, connected it more securely, and now the light is staying off.

xEV3hEe.jpg

jRrD7Vs.jpg

• Ronnie featured this topic