I hope our Reatta friends in Florida are safely out of the path of the hurricane.

Ronnie

I'm closely following this storm and it looks like it is shaping up to be the storm of a lifetime. I hope everyone heeded the warnings.  Our local news is saying that hundreds of people from Tennessee are already in Florida with utility trucks, tree trimming trucks and equipment, as well as truckloads of food and supplies so they can help Florida as soon as possible.  They will be able to restore power and provide support, but they can't restore lives. I hope everyone in the storm's path got out.

• Like 3

Great post Ronnie,.! It certainly looks like a real mess and I too hope and pray that everyone is safe.

• Like 1

Looks a lot like hurricane Charlie in 2004. That passed well south of me, problem was not the winds but all of the mini-tornadoes it spawned. Part or reason I live 80 miles from the coast and a 86 foot elevation. Tucked the tow car in the house/garage V and under a hail-resistannt cover, rest are in the garage.

• Like 2

Passed about 100 miles south of me but got about 1/3 of our 55" of rain last night. Having lived in Florida for a long time, I had the house built on high but protected ground with great runoff.

16 minutes ago, Padgett said:

Passed about 100 miles south of me but got about 1/3 of our 55" of rain last night. Having lived in Florida for a long time, I had the house built on high but protected ground with great runoff.

Happy to hear you are OK.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1