Yet another nasty surprise!

fun car guy

You'll all be glad to know I've repaired my brake lines so I won't be complaining anymore.  With that you might think the brake work was over BUT NO!  While attaching the accumulator assy. to the master I discovered the threads were stripped which of course is what you all suspected and easily happens.  I just backed the bolt out when I began this adventure and didn't realize there was a bit of damage there so I'm about to try yet another thing I've never done, that of drilling the aluminum hole, rethreading it and installing a helicoil.(sp?)  Once done and reassembled, I'll be ready to bleed the lines.  Can't tell you how much I'm looking forward to getting my baby out of the garage and cleaning her up, complete with a wax job (I'll send a photo when done) and, after getting her on the road to test things out, return her to the garage and slip a new cover on her. Next challenge in the spring, a windshield and a passenger side window regulator replacement but yes, I realize working on an old car is never done. 

Please know I appreciate all your help guys and I promise, no more whining!

• Like 1