Pacific Ocean and Bodega Bay

Top Down

Hitchcocks "The Birds" was filmed in 2 locations.   The town of Bodega, which is several miles inland from the coast, had scenes from the old Potter School House and the Catholic Church of St. Teresa.   Both structures still exist and are tourist stops.   The other location was the coastal town of Bodega Bay where scenes were taken from the existing Tides Restaurant.   The picture of my car was taken in Bodega Bay on the street in front of houses which have that view.   In the background are Seal Island and the Bodega Head which is famous for whale watching.   I may take a picture from that vista which is breathtaking.   Also, I was tempted to wait for dusk as the sunsets are legendary.   Bodega Bay is 40-50 miles north of San Francisco and west of Point Reyes National Seashore.

Edited by Top Down
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, ship said:

Your Reatta looks good...isn't Bodega Bay where "The Birds" hung out??

I'm so dumb when I read this I thought of a band from the '60s called "The Birds" hanging out there. 🙂 

• Haha 1

The "Byrds" would feel right at home with the ravens, sea gulls, hawks, eagles, herons.   Instead of BB which is a bumper sticker logo for Bodega Bay, I can now envision BBB for the Bodega Bay Byrds.............

47 minutes ago, DAVES89 said:

nd the correct spelling is "BYRDS"...

You just proved how dumb I am again. haha

• Haha 1