Windshields

Jimy Kraus

Has anyone tried having a windshield replaced in their Reatta lately ?? If so, by who ?  From what I have been told by the autoglass guy I use on a regular basis, he can't seem to locate a new one. I went on Safelite's website and came up with nothing also. 

You'll have to get a used one most likely. If you have a donor car, a glass installer can remove it from the donor car and install it on your car. There are other suppliers of windshields but they don't come cheap.

Edited by BlakesReatta
  • Like 1

If you want to buy a donor car with a good windshield, I have one in Zeigler, Illinois.

• Like 1

I have one extra windshield in my basement but I also have 3 Reattas.

• Like 1

I had a feeling that was going to be the only option is finding a good used windshield. I live in Montana, and there are very few of these cars around these parts of the country.  I have only encountered one other Reatta locally since taking ownership of mine in 2015. It came from Maple Grove, MN. where my mother lived and I inherited it after she passed away. 

• Like 1

That’s kind of why people encourage Reatta owners to buy a parts car when they can. But there are plenty of good windshields available. Not abundant but they can be found. Have you contacted Jim Finn or Marck Barker? 

• Like 1

On 7/27/2022 at 6:04 PM, BlakesReatta said:

That’s kind of why people encourage Reatta owners to buy a parts car when they can. But there are plenty of good windshields available. Not abundant but they can be found. Have you contacted Jim Finn or Marck Barker? 

I have contacted Jim Finn and preparing a list of all the parts items I need. Mostly small trim items is what I am after.  Right hand exterior mirror and left fog lamp assembly being the largest pronounced items in addition to a windshield.  Shipping on a windshield is going to be the hindering factor I am sure. 

On 7/27/2022 at 2:25 PM, BlakesReatta said:

If you want to buy a donor car with a good windshield, I have one in Zeigler, Illinois.

I would probably buy your donor car, but Illinois is a bit of a journey from Montana. Especially with the price of fuel these days !!  My aunt lives in Arizona and I am looking in and around the area where she lives for Reatta parts/donor cars. Between her traveling as well as my sister who barrel races in Arizona one of them can bring it with them back to Montana for me. 

• Like 1

I just read an article In my Hagerty insurance magazine that says the best place to store spare parts for your car is in a parts car. That way when you need a spare part it will be exactly where you expect it to be. 🙂

• Haha 3

8 hours ago, Jimy Kraus said:

I have contacted Jim Finn and preparing a list of all the parts items I need. Mostly small trim items is what I am after.  Right hand exterior mirror and left fog lamp assembly being the largest pronounced items in addition to a windshield.  Shipping on a windshield is going to be the hindering factor I am sure. 

Do what Jim Finn told me when he delivers a windshield. He tapes it to his existing windshield and drives to the clients house. 

• Like 3

23 hours ago, Jimy Kraus said:

I would probably buy your donor car, but Illinois is a bit of a journey from Montana. Especially with the price of fuel these days !!  My aunt lives in Arizona and I am looking in and around the area where she lives for Reatta parts/donor cars. Between her traveling as well as my sister who barrel races in Arizona one of them can bring it with them back to Montana for me. 

I'll bet you can find one in California, Washington or Colorado. I don't think I've seen any Reattas posted in Arizona. They exist I'm sure but I have never seen anybody interact online from AZ.

• Like 1

Anyone know if the rake of the convertible windshield is the same as  the coupe??

Marck Barck (East Coast Reatta) or Jim Finn would be able to answer that question.

On 8/8/2022 at 11:44 PM, bikern8 said:

Anyone know if the rake of the convertible windshield is the same as  the coupe??

No, they are different.

Marck Barck has some, I was working with him on getting one for mine vert.  The problem in my area is finding someone who will put it in, I have had zero luck with that.  I have gotten it approved through my insurance and everything, but am stuck now because I can't find anyone to put it in for me.

• Sad 1