Interesting Times

Padgett

3 hours ago, Jimy Kraus said:

Yes, the replacement batteries for EVs are extremely expensive. My step mother is an insurance adjuster and recently she had a claim for an EV and the battery was damaged somehow. It was nearly 20K for the battery(s) alone. 

Wow. Curious about the make and model of the car involved, and whether the $20K battery, along with other damage, caused the EV to be totaled, and if so, how was the salvage dealt with? Perhaps you can obtain more info from your step mother and share the details. When I was in the insurance claims industry, never had an EV to deal with - not even a fender bender.

• Like 1

On 7/27/2022 at 8:22 PM, Ron Walker said:

Wow. Curious about the make and model of the car involved, and whether the $20K battery, along with other damage, caused the EV to be totaled, and if so, how was the salvage dealt with? Perhaps you can obtain more info from your step mother and share the details. When I was in the insurance claims industry, never had an EV to deal with - not even a fender bender.

I will ask her.  Honestly I really didn't care, as electric shavers shouldn't have wheels,  and electric motors should remain powering thing like air compressors and kitchen appliances as far as I am concerned.  Basically EVs interest me about as much as having a lobotomy performed upon myself does. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1