Aftermarket Radio

Buzzard67

Hi, I love the original look of my 1990 Reatta radio with the eq and it still sounds good even if the cassette deck no longer works.

I don't want to upset the car owners that want to keep everything original but do any members recommend an aftermarket radio that would fit a 1990 space. Or know the dimensions i.e. double din?

I do use a plugin radio frequency with Bluetooth, but would like a dedicated radio with modern features.

Throwing it out into the universe.

Thanking You,

Buzzard

Din and a half. GM and Chrysler were the most common domestic users of that size but almost unobtanium new currently.

https://marineenginedepot.com/boss-audio-systems-mr2180ua-marine-15-din-cd-mp3-player-receiver-wireless-remote-2?gclid=CjwKCAjwwo-WBhAMEiwAV4dybWJuqUVRnJnka8hHe6W3TGlO_ACDcT6muanF4FgSz0Bu1KdKNzW

I don't know if this will work? I don't endorse because I haven't used.

Placed here so people can give their opinion.

Edited by Buzzard67

If it isn’t too deep, it will likely work fine but the color doesn’t integrate terribly well

Clarion CZ702 had the right colors but any more I'd skip the CD and just get a radio/amp/ bluetooth. Can also get a single DIN with an adapter plate.

• Like 1

Check out this thread for an option.  Note, I went back to the OEM radio but with a module upgrade from East Coast Reatta that has bluetooth and 3.5mm AUX input.  Love it, and completely stock.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Be aware that the 1990 radio is modular. You can replace just the amplifier module. You can even have a aux jack or Bluetot added.

1 hour ago, Padgett said:

Be aware that the 1990 radio is modular. You can replace just the amplifier module. You can even have a aux jack or Bluetot added.

Pre 1990 radios are modular as well.  For 1988 and 1989's the module is remotely located in the lower center console, drivers seat side.

And is the same module just in a different place. 88-89 controls are in the touchscream.