Teves valve module replacement

fun car guy

So, having learned that my old valve unit was t

responsible for no fluid to the left front, I purchased a good working one from Jim Finn.  Disconnected the lines and unbolted the unit for the master only to discover there's a small bracket under the reservoir stopping me from sliding the valve unit off.  I don't want to force anything and possible rupture the reservoir and the bracket won't move enough to get out of the way.  Any suggestions?

Not sure I understand. Could you post a photo of the bracket and what you need to do?

• Agree 1

Did you figure this out? I snapped a photo of my spare Teves unit and the only bracket I can find is a tang that slides into a slot on the bottom of the reservoir. The assembly with the tang on it is bolted to the module with a single Allen headed bolt.

F7892B6B-455C-4DE4-874F-607A49853FED.jpeg

By the way, despite the rusty appearance of that bolt, I got it out with a normal 5mm allen wrench. Since the reservoir has two spigots plugged into the master cylinder, that bolt looks like it must be removed to free the reservoir. It certainly appears the reservoir must come off to get that little bracket out of the way to remove the valve module as well.