1991 Bosch Antilock brakes.

MOUSE

My 91 Reatta seems to require a firmer push on the brake Pedal, than normal power brakes. Is this common on reatta's.  I am use to brakes on 3rd Gen RX-7's and New SS Camaro's.  I know they have much larger rotors than the Buick. have never had a brake warning light come on. Only 38,000 miles on vehicle.

I don't own a '91 Reatta but each of the Reattas I own have a slightly different "feel" to them when I brake. I am more concerned about the brake light. There are two lights, an Amber one and a Red one, which of the two or are both coming on"

With 38,000 miles you could be on the first set of brake pads and rotors, maybe the wear on them has lowered the fluid level to trip the warning light. Did you check the fluid level?

I have not had any warning lights come on at all. No pulsating of pedal, it just seems like it takes more pedal pressure to stop this car. Maybe it's just the nature of these cars, they do not have very large rotors. I may be expecting too much, I know my 3rd Gen RX-7 would pull your eyes out it stopped so quickly.

Sorry when you said "Have never had a brake warning light come on" I took it to mean that you just did.

The Reatta's weight is a bit more than the RX-7 plus the RX-7 has that perfectly balanced weight distribution and low center of gravity. But all in all I would say that the Reatta's brakes do very well, I don't know maybe it just takes a little getting use to. ;)

Yes!, My FD 3rd Gen RX-7, weighed only 2800 lbs, these Reatta coupes tip the scales at 3593 lbs, that's a lot of weight for 170 Hp to pull around. But they are wonderful driving cars on the interstates, with tons of leg room, and all the 'Bells & whistles they had in the early 90's. I really enjoy this 38,000 mile beauty. but it is a completely different car than the 3rd Gen RX-7. A sporty two seat cruiser, but Not a Sports Car. Just finished installing "New Headlamp actuator Arms" from "Reatta Parts West" they work perfectly. After one figures out what he is doing, these headlamp assy rebuilds are really pretty simple.