Plastic lines.

jon L

All of you engineers should know the answer to my question.

Is E85 fuel safe in plastic lines?

Just looked it up and E85 is more corrosive than gasoline so unless the plastic line is rated for E85 and the pressure involved, I would not use it.

Edited by Padgett

1 hour ago, jon L said:

All of you engineers should know the answer to my question.

Is E85 fuel safe in plastic lines?

Good question. My off the cuff answer is yes if you are referring to the factory plastic lines on the 90-91, but I have no science to back that up. I know I have personally used several different fuel additives to "adjust" octane rating including turbo blue race gas, xylene, toluene and even a little acetone. The stuff people add in the winter for gas line antifreeze/dryer is all different forms of alcohol, so I never gave it a thoughtšŸ¤¢

I have a water/ methanol system on my car and I was wondering if the plastic line that is used with this system could be used with E85?

I had such a system as well, no longer using it, but I never gave a thought to E85. Again, I have no expertise in that area. Maybe question the system manufacturer? Methanol is pretty aggressive stuff but gasoline is a different animal.

you might want to consider that W/M system with your supercharger. It really keeps the heat under control..

Edited by jon L