Owners manual - content

Knight Rider

I own this nice red 1990 for a couple of days now along a 88 Lincoln TC and 89 Chrysler tc by Maserati. The owners manual of both, the Lincoln and the Chrysler is as I would expect. Where to find things and how to operate them, including tire pressure, etc.

The Reatta manual is more like a picture book. Talking much about how to drive in snow, accelarate yada yada yada. But not a single line about the tire or wheel size. There is so much missing, did Americans in the 90s not care and had staff to handle this? just wondering... 🤪

Who finds that bizarre too? And can someone explain why half of the brochure space is an explanation of how to drive and the other half how to inflate the tires instead of giving out important figures like tire size, wheel size, fuel economy, etc...? 

Edited by Knight Rider

Why having a factory service manual (final not preliminary) and a parts book (88-91) is essential. Ebay is your friend.

Edited by Padgett

It's been so long since I looked a the owners manual I can't remember what is in it. If you intend to be a long term Reatta owner the service manual is a good investment.

• Like 1

Just think of all the people who don't know how to change a tire, or some that might not even know how to put fuel into a car. I knew a girl in high school who didn't know how to put fuel in her own car. Her dad would drive it to the gas station and do it for her...

I think that's what owners manuals do is give you the basic information to do the basics on a car to keep it on the road or fix common issues without getting too technical.

• Agree 1

39 minutes ago, BlakesReatta said:

I knew a girl in high school who didn't know how to put fuel in her own car.

You saying that brings this to mind. It always makes me chuckle.

girl adding oil.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Lol it’s the truth! When some people say “I don’t know anything about cars,” they aren’t lying. Haha 

a couple of colored illustrations helps illustrate such a thing 

I have some owners manuals that tell you how to decabonize the head. Modern ones have 50 pages on fastening the seat belt. Kids today need nanny cars.

Nice thing about the Reatta (and Allantes) is the built in diagnostics.