AC Light on dash is on.

Buzzard67

32 minutes ago, BlakesReatta said:

Glad to report that disconnecting the battery and reconnecting worked. Ac is blowing cold on my car now. 

Great!

Has anybody changed out the compressor before? It requires a lot of dismantling! 

Mine is changed out with a brand new one now (not rebuilt), but wow I wouldn’t want to do it over again! 

2 hours ago, BlakesReatta said:

Has anybody changed out the compressor before? It requires a lot of dismantling! 

It is a bit of a pain due to the location but it wasn't horrible. Maybe the multiple engine changes I have made helped become intimately familiar? Since I was also replacing the accumulator/drier and the condenser, the radiator and condenser were also out of the way making access much easier also. 

16 minutes ago, 2seater said:

It is a bit of a pain due to the location but it wasn't horrible. Maybe the multiple engine changes I have made helped become intimately familiar? Since I was also replacing the accumulator/drier and the condenser, the radiator and condenser were also out of the way making access much easier also. 

We changed out the accumulator/drier and condenser too but I didn't take out the radiator. We ended up jacking up the engine a little bit and took out the motor mounts to make it easier to pull out the compressor.