replacing rollers in headlight motor

MOUSE

When replacing "Rollers" in headlight motor gear box,  does the gear have to be positioned in any specific orientation for actuator arm to line up correctly on shaft?  I did not notice position of shaft when I removed gear. What causes these motors to stop on their up and down movement?  Help!

It doesn't matter what position the gear is orientated when you install it. Once you have the crankarm installed you can move it to the position you want using the manual knob on the end of the motor. Then when you install the link arm you can open or close the door with the knob to get back in sync with the other door.

The motor stops when the headlight control module senses a high current caused by the door hitting the stop in the fully open or closed position. There are no limit switches in the circuit like some other cars have.

It doesn't matter what position the gear is orientated when you install it. Once you have the crankarm installed you can move it to the position you want using the manual knob on the end of the motor. Then when  you install the link arm you can open or close the door with the knob to get back in sync with the other door.

The motor stops when the headlight control module senses a high current caused by the door in hitting the stop in the fully open or closed position. There are no limit switches in the circuit like some other cars have.

Thanks! Ronnie, exactly the information I was needing.