1989 Reatta and the CRT went blank.....struggling to locate the ignition switch

Ohio1977

Okay, searched Reatta Owners Journal already and got the most help from the post titled "CRT Does Not Light Up But Radio Plays".  Now when the CRT first went out in the late summer of 2021, I could still touch the screen and control things in the cab of the car.....b/c I remembered what area of the CRT screen to touch.  Now that my main vehicle has blown up.  I am back to driving the red beauty.....with the blank CRT screen.  I'd like to fix the screen and a few other things that aren't so complex.  The post I mentioned above gave me some insight on what to check.....fuse, breaker and ignition switch.  Can someone sent me a picture, or short video of where this ignition switch is?  Or, maybe even a youtube like video of where it is and how to check/replace it?  Post here so others can learn, or I'll leave my email below.  Please put in the subject line of your email to me "ignition switch, so I'll know it's a Reatta friend trying to help me with this issue.

Thanks for any help, 

Jay

hookerschicken@yahoo.com     <---Long story on the name of this email.

Are really two pieces, CRT and touchscream. CRT also needs the CRTC (CRT Controller) module. Any chance the CRT is set to DIM ? Unless you have a K-M J34914 CRT Tester it is hard to test. Ignition switch is on top of steering column down near the base.

Padgett,

Sorry for late response.  Any chance you have a picture of the ignition switch?

Thx,

Jay

Okay!  Just so I am NOT looking for something wrong.  Is the ignition switch the part that the ignition key goes into, to start the car?????  Or, a switch, under the dash area on the steering wheel shaft/column?

TY, for any clarification you might give me

The key lock mechanism where you put the key only actuates the ignition switch at the bottom of the steering column. You can see the location of the switch in the photo below.

ignition_switch_location.jpg

• Thanks 1